fire water vs powermax

wpschoch

Has anyone tried both of these side by side? Currently using fire water. seems like a lot of people like powermax though.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
wpschoch;

I have not even tried them side-by-side.

I know that our PowerMax has a much better overall fragrance after cleaning.

And I am confident in the cleaning performance.

Money back if your not satisfied.

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb said:
wpschoch;

I know that our PowerMax has a much better overall fragrance after cleaning.

And I am confident in the cleaning performance.

Larry

There was a day when I would of agreed with this.........sigh...........

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I don't know about fire water but powermax has always and still does perform great for me, it smells good and dissolves easy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
joey895 said:
I don't know about fire water but powermax has always and still does perform great for me, it smells good and dissolves easy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

older stuff..........send me some damit.......

wpschoch

Larry,

I know I've seen posts about how awesome powermax used to be. Some people still seem to think it's great and others (ie Jim) no longer care for it. I know it was reformulated for some reason. Was it at all weakened by having to be reformulated? It looks like most people do consider it to be better than the 02 system. I also posted another topic about possibly needing a larger wand. Currently running a 2 jet evolution (1.5 inch) on my el diablo. Do you feel that switching to a 2 inch like your titanium would significantly decrease dry times? Really looking to dial that in now.

Thanks,

Billy

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Billy;

Nothing was ever taken away from the formulation.

We only added a slight amount of oxidizer to the existing formula.

Jim was concerned about the consistency of the powder.

We have new production equipment to insure that consistency.

A 2" wand does flow more CFM.

I like the 14" Bentley (w/ or wo/swivel) for the best cleaning performance:

http://ccs5.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=4555

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim was concerned about the consistency of the powder.

it just stopped cleaning as good as it use to.......I thought it was just me for awhile there but then all the sudden others started saying the same thing......

If all you did was add an oxidizer....then pull it back out...let us add it if we need to.....something went wrong somewhere.......

Name
Jesse
What's funny is how perceptions change or vary. We tried Powermax a few years back, I thought it cleaned well on the few tests I did. My guys hated it, said it didn't clean well in the real world. Now we've been using it again for 3 months, bought it after a delay in getting our usual product, the guys like it alot and it saves us nearly $500 per month.

wpschoch

Larry,

Is it possible that the addition of the oxidizer lowered the overall percentage of ingredients that were doing whatever jim liked so much or does the new product have a different recommended dilution ratio. Seems like whatever percentage the oxidizer is in the new formula would be the percent that jim should increase his dilution ratio by to get the old results. Maybe I'm over analyzing.

-Billy

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have been using it in both of my trucks for 5 years now for tile and grout as well as carpet
and we love it..we have been given samples of other pre sprays and after 1 try we reclean with
powermax and offer to send the sample back..it has happened several times now..dont see us
ever using anything else..thanks for a great product larry..
dave

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks for the recommendation Dave.

I have to say that Dave does a great cleaning job with his RO water rinse.

His rinse process should leave less residue than other "clean & rinse" cleaners.

Larry

P.S. Billy; The oxidizer didn't hurt the performance.
Jim got some product where the surfactant had clumped up.
We have added new equipment, to insure that it doesn't happen again.

wpschoch

Larry,

I'll give it a fair shot when I start running low on fire water. May as well see what all the fuss is about right?

-Billy

Jamesh921

Name
James
I'm no chemist, but I've been using Powermax for 7 months now and I've figured out one particular thing about it - you MUST keep it from exposure to moisture before you use it. You MUST keep the lid on the container SEALED and not allow humidity to contaminate it before using it.
Like any enzyme (or any that I know of), once moisture is introduced to it, it is only effective for approximately 6 hours. After that, it becomes ineffective. Could it be possible that that Jim (or his employees) were not sealing the containers that they use to store it in, which would allow moisture to invade the product? Which, in turn, would cause the clumping he spoke of AND render the product ineffective.
I know I have seen this happen myself when I left Powermax exposed in an open container in my van. It clumped into small balls and its cleaning power was diminished.

Powermax is a GREAT cleaning product, but you have to take proper precautions to make sure its storage container is kept sealed and protected from moisture/humidity until you're ready to use it.

Again, I'm no chemist, but wouldn't adding an oxidizer ENHANCE the cleaning power of ANY product?

I like Larry's product. And I consider myself an unbiased user becaused I was FORCED to use this product by my contractor. I was VERY apprehenisve at first. But, after using this product for several months I have become a firm believer in its effectiveness and usefuleness. You just have to make sure it's storage container is properly and firmly sealed.

James

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
uhh you know where he lives right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Down there in AZ...what moisture :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Thanks for the report James.

I am glad it is performing well for you.

We work hard to deliver cost-effective products.

With any powder, keeping the lid on is a good idea.
Our enzyme is very stable, but the oxidizer can lose strength.

Some powders can pull moisture out of the air.

Larry

CarpetKING

wpschoch said:
Larry,

I know I've seen posts about how awesome powermax used to be. Some people still seem to think it's great and others (ie Jim) no longer care for it. I know it was reformulated for some reason. Was it at all weakened by having to be reformulated? It looks like most people do consider it to be better than the 02 system. I also posted another topic about possibly needing a larger wand. Currently running a 2 jet evolution (1.5 inch) on my el diablo. Do you feel that switching to a 2 inch like your titanium would significantly decrease dry times? Really looking to dial that in now.

Thanks,

Billy

Billy I have a Diablo as well - you need to get a 4 jet wand and unleash the power in that baby....

wpschoch

Bobby,

I think I agree with you. Def working on getting a better wand. My evolution seems to be a little lame.

-Billy

F

FB7777

Hi Larry

I went to your website but couldn't view the MSDS for Powermax

What are the main cleaning agents?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fred;

The main cleaning ingredients are:

1. Builders - Phosphates & Silicates

2. Surfactants - 3 types including a Fluorosurfactant
( Low surface tension and stain resistance )

3. Citrus Solvent - Grease Cutting w/ a natural solvent

4. Oxidizer - Odor Removal and Grease Removal

5. Actual Enzyme - Odor Removal and Stain Removal

We do not post the MSDS sheet for PowerMax on our web site.

Product Data Sheet w/MSDS is furnished to anybody that purchases the product.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom