Fired Up The Reznor Today.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
For you "Southerners".....just skip on by....I just wanted to make sure it's working. Just had the gas turned back on because another tennent in the building had their gas shut off when they left town. Instead of the gas company just turning off the one meter, they just shut down the whole building. Finally got it back on and up and running. My Baby will have a nice warm garage to stay in tonight, and the rest of the winter. Getting into the mid 20's tonight. Would probably take colder to freeze the garage, but I'd rather be safe.

Hey Robert,

Funny you posted that. I just picked up a used one I'm going to install in my 2 car garage. Hoping to keep it at 45-50 through the winter in there and crank it up when I have rugs to clean.

How are they as far as efficiency? I'm a little nervous about my first bill once I have it installed. But I guess it beats hauling everything in from the truck every night.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
turned on my heater... :x :x :x :x :x :x

could hear the gas but no ignition.....it was aacting up last year.....

think the board is toast....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
CleanImage said:
Hey Robert,

Funny you posted that. I just picked up a used one I'm going to install in my 2 car garage. Hoping to keep it at 45-50 through the winter in there and crank it up when I have rugs to clean.

How are they as far as efficiency? I'm a little nervous about my first bill once I have it installed. But I guess it beats hauling everything in from the truck every night.

Phillip........my Reznor is probably 30 years old. Still has a standing pilot light. I keep mine at about 40-45*. Crank it up if I'm working in there. Some the cold, windy days in late Jan, early Feb can run up that bill, but it beats a cold truck or $1000's in freeze up repair. I actually pay my gas bill on a monthly budget so that I don't get any surprizes during the cold months....it's about $45 a month, year round. I do have a newer Reznor sitting in the shop....just got to get around to having my Son install it.

You won't regret it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
floorguy said:

Doug....you check the pilot light for spiders or webs? They can shut down a system after sitting all summer.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
boazcan said:
rwcarpet said:
For you "Southerners".....just skip on by...

:lol: :lol:

I really need to travel somewhere cold this winter and work just one day so I can better understand the next 4 months worth of posts on here.

Bryan....by the way....you suck!!

God only knows why my parents stayed in Northern Ohio, or why I never moved South or West!

You're welcome to come "ride along" with me one day....say maybe about Feburary 15th?? That should be a nice, friggin' cold day here in Ohio. Gte you some Snowbird experience!

I do remember a Winterfest in Pensacola in 2003.......it was 25* at night down there.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rwcarpet said:
floorguy said:

Doug....you check the pilot light for spiders or webs? They can shut down a system after sitting all summer.

no pilot....ignitor... and no clickity click

rwcarpet said:
CleanImage said:
Phillip........my Reznor is probably 30 years old. Still has a standing pilot light. I keep mine at about 40-45*. Crank it up if I'm working in there. Some the cold, windy days in late Jan, early Feb can run up that bill, but it beats a cold truck or $1000's in freeze up repair. I actually pay my gas bill on a monthly budget so that I don't get any surprizes during the cold months....it's about $45 a month, year round. I do have a newer Reznor sitting in the shop....just got to get around to having my Son install it.

You won't regret it.

$45 a month! You must not heat the rest of your house with gas, right? That's super cheap.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
CleanImage said:
rwcarpet said:
CleanImage said:

You won't regret it.

$45 a month! You must not heat the rest of your house with gas, right? That's super cheap.

Phillip.....that's for the shop only. It is a separate 3 car garage that I rent for the CC van only (and a storage depot for all my kids "toy's" and junk!). As for my house, the budget, year round is about $140 monthly (that includes insurance on my water line, my hot water heater, my sewer line out to the street, and my heating system for the house....a hot water boiler) I've already used the insurance on the bolier last year....gas valve went out, and they sent a repairman out on a Sunday morn at no charge 2 me. (would have been $500to fix.) I think my gas cost is $5.50 a MCF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom