First Color Seal Job

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
28CDCD94-4495-44A3-A568-23D96B40F23B-19404-00001A60461A0C04_zps4220f22e.jpg

CEED029F-9016-4FD9-B090-17B29C879B8C-19404-00001A603293866E_zpsc54a9d2a.jpg

It took me forever and I didn't charge enough. But I got to learn on someone else's dime.
Once I got the hang of wiping it down, it went faster. I kept wiping it off the grout. There was a few areas that someone had repaired the grout with some crap that looked like stucco patch. It didn't want to stick to that very well.
The customer was thrilled and she has some bathroom floors that need to be done.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Mikey P

Administrator
I attempted to color seal that job where their tiles and the funny crocks the other day.

a topical had been used many years ago and despite me stripping it like mad, the CS would not stick.

Always warn home owners that some times the CS doesn't like to adhere.

and you don't want to force it either, it will just come off with their cleaning down the road.

You know right away if and when grout and color seal make a perfect match.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I attempted to color seal that job where their tiles and the funny crocks the other day.

a topical had been used many years ago and despite me stripping it like mad, the CS would not stick.

Always warn home owners that some times the CS doesn't like to adhere.

and you don't want to force it either, it will just come off with their cleaning down the road.

You know right away if and when grout and color seal make a perfect match.

I showed her the areas I had trouble with and she understood. Her kids like to pull on the tiles around the back of the island. That is where the repairs have been done.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom