First full day with the ol' Steamway.

Mikey P

Administrator
The V had to go in for new shock and a lube and tune so my new to me SW Legacy 2100 with only 58 hours got it's first work out.

Some notes:

Single wanding sucks. We got off @ seven and lost a small job when we would have completed them all and been done by 5pm w/ the V.

Non electric reels are for you guys who do two jobs a day.

The 3/8ths hose was easy to wand with and delivered tremendous heat to my 012 wand but rolling it up on a reel is for guys who do 2 jobs a day.

Vac and pressure reels in the back of the truck, four feet in should be against the law.
I think I'll ditch the pressure hose reels.

2.5 straight to the top of the tank ala' a GG elbow, creates plenty of suck for single wanding. Best I've ever experienced with a 45 blower.

My V does not get this hot even in single mode.

Vapor lock is fun.

I am wondering if I'll ever get use to that nasty heat and stench that blows all over me all day long.

I am wondering if my customers will ever get use to that nasty heat and stench that blows all over them all day long.

A truck mount with out a fresh tank is like a wife with out..

Why did SW not put a ball valve for the fresh Water QC?

Where is the hot water convenience hose?

I feel ashamed in a ratty unmarked truck.

Even this pos 1989 Ford with over 400,000 miles on it drives better than the UD.

But it has horrible blind spots and backing up is a game of Russian Roulette.

Check valved TI wands makes some crazy ass noises when blasting that kind of heat.

It's temperature gage is not accurate.

Inch and a half whips are for scrawny 98 pound Minnesotans.

None the less, it sure was nice to make $1500 while my V was out of commission

Mikey P

Administrator
back-1.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you realize you can unbolt those and slide them out???? :roll:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would have died moving all that crap from one machine to another, I hated pulling everything out of the van so the mechanic could work on the slide-in

today I had to torque the pullys and lube the PTO shaft. Sure was nice to able to slide underneath the V and sit inside the box when working on it

let me know if the shock replacment makes much of a difference

once you go electric vac hose reel, it is hard to go back

wait until you get that hiss and steam from a RX 20

Jay D

Name
Jay D
There not capri's, there called MANPRI's. I hear they are Very poplar in Europe, along with crocs. :| Nice Box truck except ya need to push those hose reels back 4 ft towards the back of the truck. Oh ya know that, NEVER MIND. :oops:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it just needs set up right, Ron.
Mike bought it from hOtEL mANager, not an efficient set up CCer.

Yo-Yo, vEEgs..you fit right in the projects with those pants.
they look a LOT like what the hood-rats wear :shock:

do you wear a baseball cap side ways too???

BTW, that burner shouldn't "stink" or smoke if the air ring is adjusted right
("IF" you're burning kero (K-1) and not diesel or fuel oil)

and I can't imagine gas engine exhaust smelling any worse than the exhaust from that rattle/chatter UD diesel motor....

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Forget the MANPRI pants and focus on the snappy upscale T-Shirt!

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
Sounds like you had a "Steamway kind of day". Welcome to the club. Have you tried to become a True Blue member yet?

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
can't afford to get him some real shorts :p Real men wear shorts that do not go below the knee!
Patrick

Dang...if you consider him short,I'd hate to see what you consider me at 5 foot 4.

R

R W

Those shorts would be to my ankles. True about the kero and exhaust smells. It clings to you from the first start up in the morning. That's one reason I got away from SW and kero heaters. But it will kick some serious arse with the heat cranked to max. Where you dumpin', mike? I'm sure that unit don't have an APO>

Ol' Meat just smells like a SW unit whenever you get within 10 feet of him. It gets into your pores.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom