First job with the Sapphire hand tool

Mikey P

Administrator
Now you're talking!
What the second generation DM tool should have been.
Take a 1st gen Dri Master tool, give it a trigger OPTION, a more rounded "glide"/fabric interface, a wider head, better ergos, a plastic rather than metal spray bar (no melted olefins) and better volume control and there you have it.

Tremendous suction but more flow leaves the fabric a little wetter. But could be used on carpet unlike the original DM.

Now we'll wait and see how long the combo glide and spray bar lasts. Should be cheap to replace.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mine just arrived today courtesy of Rick Thode (Organic Source) to Demo. I love the HK, but when I have to do furniture all day I wish it was continuous flow and a bit lighter. This one might be the ticket.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Sadly, mine did not work so I never got to give it a good try. But from the the 2 minutes that it did work (before the flow stopped) I found the trigger and slide to make it continuos flow needs work. Also the plastic jet bar seems really flimsy and the spray was very uneven. The flow control is a pain to use, as you have undue the velcro each time. It is very light weight and feels nice in the hand, very ergonomic but all the plastic does not inspire longevity.

I have to say I enjoyed going back to the HK.

I would like to try it again when I can a working one, but my initial feel is that someone going from a Drimaster would be pleased but those who like the HK would most likely stick with the HK. The HK is by no means perfect, but you get use to been able to use it at normal TM PSI and ripping through oily furniture with tons of heat and leaving the fabric super dry.

Rick is going to see whats wrong with it and then send to Ron Werner to try. Ron likes the HK too, so I will be interested in his opinion.

Mikey P

Administrator
Open it up Bill, real simple design in there.

Mine had a leak due to teflon tape being applied backwards. Easy fix.

As far as the uneven spray, no worries, as long as that channel is filled with water you'll have no streaking issues. (just like the Stryker wand)

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I didn't have the time to look at it and already sent it on its way. Will try it again on its way back. Somedays I have almost all furniture to do and the HK is not ergonomic at all. The Sapphire feels very nice in the hand.

Mikey P

Administrator
Too bad.

I cleaned 4 sofas and two ottomans with it today.

I really like it.

Great ergos, not only for my hand but how the glide (which is not flimsy at all) interacts with the upholstered piece.

Fletch

For those that tried the new Sapphire tool:

The review seems to be that the Sapphire has the best ergo's, but where it really counts is:

Which tool cleans better?

Original DM, or the HK, or Sapphire tool?

Which leaves things drier?

Which will hold up best to regular use?

Does the Sapphire win in all catagories?

Fletch

ask me in five years.

By looking at the picture of it, I doubt that it will be around in five years! (The pictures make it look like plastic crap!) The HK and DM look much more well made, at least in the picture!

I am leaning towards the HK right now. I place cleaning ability first, dryness second, quality of build third, and ergonomics last on the list. If it does not work as well as the HK or DM, ergonomics is not a factor in my consideration.

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Fletch,
I personally fabricated and assembled every last one of the DM tools and I feel that the Sapphire Pro is constructed much better. Pictures do not always show everything.
Best Regards

Keith

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Studebaker said:
Fletch,
I personally fabricated and assembled every last one of the DM tools and I feel that the Sapphire Pro is constructed much better. Pictures do not always show everything.
Best Regards

Keith

thats not a thousand words....

i still wanna see a pic

Joe Bristor

"thats not a thousand words...."

REALLY!

Let's see a few quality photos in the Garage.
Disassemble each tool and lay them out side by side so we can see any difficulty in servicicing these tools.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ron Werner said:
[quote="Nate The Great":2pgkrur2]

[quote="Chris Adkins":2pgkrur2]

there are people who prevac upholstery...?

There are people who don't...?? :shock:[/quote:2pgkrur2]
I thought it was a given :roll:[/quote:2pgkrur2]

of course you did.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Fletch said:
ask me in five years.

By looking at the picture of it, I doubt that it will be around in five years! (The pictures make it look like plastic crap!) .

I know I busted some balls pretty hard over that silly plastic headed carpet wand, but a plastic upl tool might be fine.
They generally don't get near the abuse a wand does.

My "guess" would be the price is silly high though....

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom