first shot at a repair

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
burn in carpet. they have a child that is handicapped and he likes to dig in the pad. I hope he doesn't play with the repair too much.
firstrepair001.jpg

firstrepair002.jpg

used cookie cutter from back of carpet, so I didn't cut tufts.
Rust spot next to it came out when cleaned.
Customer was thrilled. I made an extra $50.

John Watson

and you said it looked hard to do.. You gotter done, Proud of ya.

When first starting out, The hardest part is just to get moving. Looks great from what I can see. Keep watching Harry, Steve and John and you do some practicing you will be flipping those repairs in and out like a chef flippen eggs.

Stevea

Charles,

Absolutely Fabulous! It is great to see you accomplish this, I especially like that you were willing to work it from the back. This allows you to make a precision cut and has a lot of other advantages.

Keep it up and keep sharing, you will help others have the confidence to try it also and then start adding to the bottom line.

SA

harryhides

Name
Tony
That's great Charles, well done !!

This room is just the beginning of what can be accomplished not only in sharing info but just as important the encouragement to make that first

CUT IN THE CARPET !!!

Scary stuff and no going back.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I had to get out the water claw to suck up the 3 gallons of sweat that I poured on the carpet. The nerves were definatly on edge. But I got it done and I would have never tried it without reading all of the posts here.
Thanks

Stevea

Charles,

I loved that last comment, laughed hard on that, brought back some memories!

You will do great, just practice a lot and you will get it down pat in no time, your repair looks great and it was wonderful for you to share it with all of us here, we all can use the encouragement it gives.

SA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom