First Time Using Cobbs Powermax

Name
Eric
Used Powermax for the first time on a job today. I've read a lot of mixed results about it on here but decided to give a jar a try. I usually use Slop and Gobble or Green Dragon for Encapstore and really like both. This job was pretty nasty and all 4 rooms were similar to this one. Mixed 8 oz in my HF 4/1 and extracted with my RX20 and soft water only. Carpets came out great and no spotters were needed at all. I've never smelled the old stuff but like the smell of this current Powermax.

Zion Carpet.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
Never base your judgement of a Prespray on one job.

Most carpets in that condition are so loaded with dys or franchise residue, to the point that just water would have done the same.

Use the whole bucket and get back to us.

Powermax is a good product at a great price.

Unfortunately the inconsistent nature of Cobb product and service may drive you nuts

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The first gallon was good for me. So I bought the big bucket from him. Very affordable! The biggest problem I had was dissolve issues in the HF. Then came some jobs that the soil spots should've come out...especially on a restaurant job that I clean every 7 weeks that comes out better using other products. After using about 4/5ths of the bucket, I just dumped the rest out

steve_64

The first gallon was good for me. So I bought the big bucket from him. Very affordable! The biggest problem I had was dissolve issues in the HF. Then came some jobs that the soil spots should've come out...especially on a restaurant job that I clean every 7 weeks that comes out better using other products. After using about 4/5ths of the bucket, I just dumped the rest out
I had resoiling issues with it. Using up the rest as laundry detergent for rags and dust mops.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had resoiling issues with it. Using up the rest as laundry detergent for rags and dust mops.

Weird! I’ve cleaned my own carpet a lot. And I’ve never seen this problem except when I Vlm’ed

The powermax did as good a job as any.

But I did use a 360i with a brush head.

Also I rinse with a last step product not just water.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Used Powermax for the first time on a job today. I've read a lot of mixed results about it on here but decided to give a jar a try. I usually use Slop and Gobble or Green Dragon for Encapstore and really like both. This job was pretty nasty and all 4 rooms were similar to this one. Mixed 8 oz in my HF 4/1 and extracted with my RX20 and soft water only. Carpets came out great and no spotters were needed at all. I've never smelled the old stuff but like the smell of this current Powermax.

View attachment 88812

If your using a rx20 mostly? The powermax well work great.

If you hit a wall the new ultra pac extreme is good when you rinse with dry slurry. Firestorm is the best in rat nasties and you can rinse it with last step and get great results.

Reactions: LCCFL
Name
Eric
If your using a rx20 mostly? The powermax well work great.

If you hit a wall the new ultra pac extreme is good when you rinse with dry slurry. Firestorm is the best in rat nasties and you can rinse it with last step and get great results.
On bad jobs I always use the RX20. If they’re not very soiled I will CRB and wand.
My rinse system is broken so I can only rinse with water. Got to stay away from the super high PH stuff.

steve_64

Weird! I’ve cleaned my own carpet a lot. And I’ve never seen this problem except when I Vlm’ed

I had to stop using it in a restaurant. Was resoiling fast and I kept blaming it on the tile and kitchen. Once I switched I was getting better results or it stayed clean longer. That's when I stopped using it.

steve_64

Used the ultrapack extreme in some nasty hallways yesterday. Other than the red color I'm liking it so far.

Mikey P

Administrator

You need a heavy hitter to clean your own home?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You need a heavy hitter to clean your own home?
I’ve used Saigers, powermax, grease eater, soap daddy primetime. Also uses the carbonated cleaning solutions with a bonnet and tried the saw dust once. And Procyon plus too.

Not firestorm or the new ultra pac.

Those I use on hammered polys.

My wife liked the results best from powermax and the 360i.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I’ve used Powermax on residential for years. Great product but don’t mix according to directions. I use a scoop and a half in a two gallon sprayer. Not sure what that would be in a Hydroforce but the directions will have you putting down about 4 times the amount you need. I keep Powerburst on the van for nasty commercial.

steve_64

I’ve used Powermax on residential for years. Great product but don’t mix according to directions. I use a scoop and a half in a two gallon sprayer. Not sure what that would be in a Hydroforce but the directions will have you putting down about 4 times the amount you need. I keep Powerburst on the van for nasty commercial.
Mightve been some of my issues.

Reactions: SamIam

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ps I don’t consider powermax a heavy hitter

use it anywhere near Cobblets suggested max ratio it is
It's like 14 scoops to a gal of water RTU...

the rate's so high, at suggested max dilute, there wouldn't be any room in a HF for more than a Dixie cup of water....

I used a 6# (?) jug of it years ago
it worked prettydamn well
But anywhere near max to "sledgehammer" rat nazdies into submission, the fragrance was pretty overwhelming to the olfactory nerves

.L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
use it anywhere near Cobblets suggested max ratio it is
It's like 14 scoops to a gal of water RTU...

the rate's so high, at suggested max dilute, there wouldn't be any room in a HF for more than a Dixie cup of water....

I used a 6# (?) jug of it years ago
it worked prettydamn well
But anywhere near max to "sledgehammer" rat nazdies into submission, the fragrance was pretty overwhelming to the olfactory nerves

.L.T.A.
I use 5 scoops 10 oz in a 4-1 hydroforce works fine.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Anyone got any feedback on Slop & Gobble? I got some I wanna test out. I ran the numbers and at $.21 per Oz it seems like a good deal if works out. I don't think I'll use it on my nasties, just the normal everyday stuff. But whats the feedback on this stuff?

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
Anyone got any feedback on Slop & Gobble? I got some I wanna test out. I ran the numbers and at $.21 per Oz it seems like a good deal if works out. I don't think I'll use it on my nasties, just the normal everyday stuff. But whats the feedback on this stuff?
I've tried it for a bit. For everyday use it's fine I just felt the food grease and oil cutting wasn't as good as a citrus/enzyme type prespray.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom