First time with the O2

sdaws4

Today I cleaned with that 02 system for the first time. I use a HF sprayer first putting in 4oz of Hot Sauce and then putting in 25oz of the O2. I also used the O2 rinse as well. I really did not notice any thing overly impressing about it, felt like when I used hydrobreak with citrus. Should I just add more HS to kick it up? or is this a good one to use on light to moderately soiled carpet?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
He wasn't impressed with the pre-spray so it must be the sprayer? :roll:

I guess he better get himself an in-line approved pre-spray.

TimP

If you got heat leave the HF alone.

I prefer a Battery sprayer too, like Ron. I know that my chems are mixed properly.

But the whole point of the O2 system is to have versitility and to clean like Ultrapac/Zone Perfect/Matrix grandslam. And compete with it on price and be a liquid. O2 has versitility cause you can up the dilution and add modifier and clean about anything out there.

Hydrobreak is $17 bucks a gal and has a dilution of 16 oz per gallon. If I do my math right you get 9 gallons out of it.

So RTU (ready to use) it costs you $1.88 a gallon

Judson O2 costs 35 bucks a gallon at 2 oz per gallon. That makes 65 gallons RTU PS.

So RTU it costs you under 54 cents a gallon.

O2 gets everything clean that it's competors do and then some. If you're wanting to clean rat nasty carpet or restraurants then PowerBurst/PowerBreak is the way to go. (lethal stuff) Boost it, soak it, and scrub and if it don't clean it then nothing will.

PS....remember to shake the O2 before diluting.

Greenie

Good post Tim.

I was just suggesting he back off the $$ per jug, no need to waste. It's his first job, when he has another half dozen under his belt, then we will be in a better position to talk about how well it is, or is not working for him.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I suppose his in-line coincidentally quit working right when he started using o2.

He wasn't asking about sprayers he was asking about pre-spray. Why assume his sprayer is not working?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but not everyone is completely impressed by the judson stuff.

I was not impressed myself and I used a case of the stuff, I thought it was ok not great, I found myself spotting a lot more than normal when I used it.

TimP

Joey I respect your opinion. But I wasn't either when I first tried it. But Judson has changed the formula since the beginning of the year.

There used to be crystals in the bottom of the stuff when I first got it. Now that is gone and it cleans a lot better. Also the modifier or hot sauce I thought wasn't good at all. But they have revised it over and over. It's a very fine powder and it disolves instantly in hot water. And you can see it doing something....in the liquid.

Les told me they last changed it within 6 weeks I believe.

Anyways O2 by itself has changed and if you haven't tried it since they changed it and I don't know when they did. Then you shoud give it ago 1 last time.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Well I just might give it another shot then when I run out of what I got. I tried it back when it first became the board d'jour so it probably has changed. I certainly like the idea of it, it just didn't perform for me. Of course I'm a skeptic by nature and after all everyone thought it was the cats meow back then as well.

And I'm not taking anything away from your experience I know a lot of people love the stuff, I just don't think the sprayer is the issue. He was presumably using the same sprayer with his other pre-spray. I have both an in-line and electric and I use both.

TimP

I thought it was ok back then. Kept it around for upholstery. And kinda went another direction for a while but I gave it another try and I do think it's better than it was. I might be wrong though, but I am sure they have changed it. If you're in the area you can get a gallon off me to try and not order a whole case.

sdaws4

So should I add more HS to the mixture? If so how should I add? I’m going to cut the O2 down to 15oz. I have a trashed rental to clean in the morning.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I used two heaping scoops for two gallons. I dont know how to do it with HF.
I liked JJ ok but I have become a lover of enzyme presprays, but I still order th Hot Sause cuz I think it works really good with alot of presprays.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
We've been using the 02 product for the last few jobs. It doenn't perform as well as everyone made it out to be in my own opinon. I found ourselves having to use oxy plus and citris boost to get the results we were looking for.

It also smells very strong, almost to the point where it gives a slight headache. I'm not opposed to using the stuff, I like it, but it just isn't everything I thought it was going to be.

I haven't tried it with the hot sauce though... maybe that will give it the appeal i'm looking for.

I am waiting on Larry Cobbs product right now... heard that product works very well... Anyone comment on that?

hogjowl

Idiot™
The stuff rocks for me, and I don't mix it as heavy as you did.

However, I really appreciate you posting that it didn't work for you.

If it worked for everybody, I wouldn't feel special.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
Thats actually what I was talking about by enzyme prespray. I'm on my first case right now and I LOVE that stuff. It is even awesome on T&G, at least way better than Viper Venom. (That's all Ive tried)

I really think you'll be impressed.

Of course I really liked JJ for the first few cases, then tried Powermax cuz people were raving about it and I was blown away. Didnt even boost it yet. Except with T&G.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I love how it smells, compared to Ultra pac I would have to go JJ.

Shane,
When I created the O2 System, one of my main goals was to come up with a system that would eliminate the need for the cleaner to carry so many different type chemical products on his truck. By mixing the O2 System according to the job, the cleaner is able to eliminate most other chemicals from his shelf.

On your job tomorrow, if you have an 8:1 dilution ratio on your Hydroforce Sprayer, add 8 half ounce scoops of Hot Sauce.

As far as the amount of O2 goes, if it is really super trashed, I would probably keep it around 15 - 20 ounces. The Hot Sauce also has 2% enzymes now.

What makes the O2 System so unique over any other chemical is it's versatility.

With the O2 prespray, the O2 neutral rinse and a jar of Hot Sauce, and by mixing according to the job, you are able to clean any type of fiber; wool, fifth generation fibers, olefin, and rayon. By incorporating the Hot Sauce you are able to clean trashed apartments and restaurants.

One of the other big advantages of the O2 System is the deodorization properties of the Sodium Borate. You can also eliminate your gum gel by using the O2 prespray straight for gum removal.

THANKS
LES

hogjowl

Idiot™
The truth is that there is very little difference between any of the top most well know presprays available to us. The reason behind the different experiences reported is mainly psychological. You could give me any of the ones named on this thread and I'd be happy.

I buy Judson's because I like Les, love the smell and there is no local distributer here.

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I agree with Les it is real verastile, I used it on wool and trashed Appartments. All I used was bridgepoint products and ultrapac from prochem up til JJ, and JJ blows that stuff away. I'm glad to hear the Sause has enzymes. It works good.
I'm gonna have to keep swithcin between JJ and Powermax. Either one kills The big names I've used..

TimP

Judson O2 and Powermax is all I use too. If I can't clean it with either then I'm doing something wrong I feel. Only other thing you may want on the truck is powerburst/powerbreak. And if that don't do it well you're SOL like I said before.

However I don't like powerburst/powerbreak it's way too lethal and bothers my respritory system. However I haven't found anything residential that I can't clean with the main 2. And with restaurants if you're doing a bunch of them you probably should go with the powerburst stuff.

sdaws4

Stopped out at Interlink and picked up power burst made by Prochem. I found my new pre-spray for the bad ones. Love those enzymes :mrgreen:

Greenie

I agree PowerBurst by Prochem is a pretty good cleaner, it's just nasty on the human body, oh and it's a little spendy. I'm gonna break it down to cost per use, and try some of the new JJ and new enzyme hot sauce at the same dollar ratio I would use PB at and see how it fairs, in the end the best Performance and RTU price is what most will go with.

TimP

If I was to guess....the volitile solvents in it???? it sure gets me stuffed up after using it.

sdaws4

It felt it was real mild to be compared to the Flex/citrus I would run. That stuff made it hard to breathe.

Greenie

that is like sayin mustard gas isn't as bad as agent orange.

your custies only see it once a year, you see it everyday, use it sparingly.

TimP

That's why I feel if I can't clean it with O2, or Powermax. Chances are it aint getting clean, but truth of the matter you can clean with those 2 products you just may need to add some scrubbing or a stronger emulsifier. Like I said I haven't bought any Powerbreak in well over 6 months. I have half a tub left and I don't plan to buy any more.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Oh all those BS horror stories about powerburst just to scare people into buying O2.

Sheeeeez GreenHOLE you're turning into another Ricky.

Walrus said:
Oh all those BS horror stories about powerburst just to scare people into buying O2.

Sheeeeez GreenHOLE you're turning into another Ricky.

All those BS horror stories ?

Jimmy,

Just look at this kids rear end, this is the result of not using the judson 0-2 system.

rash5.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom