Five Dollars a month.

steve r

alright ill give it a go but i dont want anything from anyone if i havent earned it.

at 16 i got a job at one of our local grade schools in orland park il. after cleaning carpets (and tile) there i started borrowing the machine and cleaning family friends homes on weekends.i ws a hack! lol. ( i now live in mi.)

i worked there until i got out of high school and went in the army as a helicopter repairman with the hopes of flying. after taking a flight physical i learned i had a heart disease(so much for flying for the army).after three years in the army and in 1986 i got a job at a nother school with the same boss as before. i had numerous jobs after the army (bad attitude)before and after the school including selling filter queens( $1500.00vacuum cleaners) and two cd s.

got married had kids worked in manufacturing to support us.hated every day of it. at 16 i new i loved cleaning carpets but did not know how to start a buiseness (i know i know no guts i guess).
anyway, recently i lost my father my younger brother and almost my mother. my older brother is in poor health and ive had heart sugery and cancer myself.

i told my wife its time to do this or quit dreaming so i took all i had did some research and bought a bane. i liked the idea of all electric and support from a large outfit without the demands of a franchise.

i bought the equip. a van got insured took banes classes and got in the phone book. i kept working full time and didnt get much work until i got a call from an apt complex. i now have six. and have more interested. ive done some adv.but bad timing has killed me with that.(blizzard)

from the apt work ive gotten many referals and now know the local floor store owner who gives me higher end referals. he even wants me to do tile work and will set me up.

the apts came in sept 06 and i have been still working pt at my other job,i should be working more but i hate it.i am REAL SLOW now but i know itll be gangbusters here soon.

i do love this trade and will be taking classes as i can afford them.its been a hard life but i love it anyway.

i hope to post more but id rather be cleaning. i do like this board and the other one but my fav is another because we can voice chat and text in real time. we also have guest speakers every tues at 9 east. infact thats how i learned of the other board. infact im in thier now doing this.

anyway good luck to all and hope to meet you all someday.

steve

steve r

going back and reading the original post i see im off subject but hey thats why i like it here, so i can express what i am feeling. i have learned about how others do buis. and other equipment. i like my system and work hard to get the best results i can. i have seen much dvice about certain stains but have not tried the methods yet but im sure i will at some point.

thanks again

steve

GRHeacock

Getcher hankie out, because here is a heart rending story, and it is all true.

I send my money because I like going to Mike Fest, even though I am retired and am on a fixed income, and can barely spare the few dollars it takes to keep this board running, and after doing my taxes I find I am below the poverty level income, and I have come to like certain brands of dog food because that is all I can afford, and the brand of cat food my wife likes is SOOO expensive that we can hardly afford to take the luxury cruise coming up in a couple of months with both the first class cabin AND dining at the Captain's table, but the board is worth every penny I can find in the sofa.

Gary

Name
Eric Valentine
4096.jpg

9143_25508_2.jpg

sadsackpolka.gif

Attachments

• 4096.jpg
    4096.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 243
  • 9143_25508_2.jpg
    9143_25508_2.jpg