FB_IMG_1423929009572.jpg

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
-15 below zero again here today before windchill

Can't really go outside....

Trying to find something to do besides sit in the house.....

Spring get here!

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
In general I dislike the cold ( I'm in Phoenix, remember?).

But sometimes there are moments.....

Years ago (early '90's) I had a project in Tucson - Jim's stomping ground - for several months. I remember a few times I drove up almost to the top of Mt. Lemmon, parked the car, and hiked a quarter mile or so out into the forest, where I found a little meadow. The area was heavy with fog (or the clouds were low maybe), a light snow was falling, and it was dead still - no wind, no sound at all. It was as if I was in a soundproof room on another planet or something. I would sit on a stump and just think. Hard to describe, really.

Maybe you snow people encounter this sort of thing all the time but it was quite the deal for this Phoenix boy....

steve_64

florida sounds nice.

woke up today and the sun was shining. within minutes i couldnt see across the street.by afternoon blizzard warnings were issued and they were shutting roads down.

when i got up and peed the toilet water level was low and it was moving up and down. a little bit later after some coffee it was back down again, i assume from the wind creating a vacuum in the sewers it was sooo frickin windy today.

i went out to the garage to get gennys flowers in the morning and the cold felt good. i hate being in the house all day with the furnace running.

like others, sub zero temps tomorrow.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
Ya, I have no idea how you northern guys do it, I'm walking out the door to head to the state fair with my family, wearing shorts. It is only going to be about 65 today which my wife is bitching about. Not me I love it.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ya, I have no idea how you northern guys do it, I'm walking out the door to head to the state fair with my family, wearing shorts. It is only going to be about 65 today which my wife is bitching about. Not me I love it.

Isn't there and icon for "Sticking your tongue out at someone" .... :lol:

it's only -10 below today....before the -20 below windchill....

I am just planning to work inside all day.....not in the mood to go out in this....

The older I get, the less I like it!

Need a tech David? :)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I walked outside this morning with a cup of coffee in my hand, took a deep breath and my nose hairs froze. Said nope and went back inside.

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
I'm just thankful it's 70 degrees inside with minus 6 outside.

I feel for the homeless though, not sure why some of them choose to be in the elements. I've spoke to some of them and they appear comfortable with the simple life but appreciate helping hands once in a while. Some food or money, basic things to live.

A couple years back I invited a homeless lady (didn't know her) to stay at our house on a cold night which she eventually complied. (I think my wife slept with one eye open).

She appeared very smart in many ways but told me she would rather live this way. I tried to get her help but she didn't really want any. The next morning I dropped her off and gave her enough money to get by for a few days.

I do think about this sector of society And pray for them.

If I were homeless, FL is where it would be for me.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I remember being in Minneapolis about 25 years ago for a training class - I happened to be there during some kind of record cold snap. If I remember right the temp was 17 below (during the day). The locals seemed to be actually proud of the record. Every morning we left the hotel and walked two blocks to the training center. The first breath upon leaving the hotel actually hurt! I was woefully underdressed being from Phoenix. You guys can have that stuff.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member

We are a bunch of masochists...
Plus do you really want more carpet cleaners in florida?

Dont try this at home

9SFEd8P.jpg

Reactions: dgardner

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I just returned from a great sled ride. -20C clear blue skies and crisp fresh white snow. I went half way to the North Pole and back...on the Bruce Peninsula. Best riding conditions we've had to date this season!

Reactions: Jim Pemberton

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I just returned from a great sled ride. -20C clear blue skies and crisp fresh white snow. I went half way to the North Pole and back...on the Bruce Peninsula. Best riding conditions we've had to date this season!

The Bruce Peninsula is on my "must visit" list

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
and you girls with your frozen enchanted moments, I've had them too.....I'll wax nostalgic about them when it WARMS UP:arrrr:
Yea I dress like I'm going into battle on a frozen planet. Underwear, thermal underwear (top & bottom), long sleeve shirt, fleece pull over, two pairs of socks, warm winter books, parka with hood and gloves.

I have so much on I think it could stop a bullet. ;) And then if I'm snow blowing I have Carhart's and a face mask.

My family makes fun of me but I'm never cold. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom