Flamed marble with sealer issue.

Name
Paul Kelly
Hello everyone!! Im new to the site. Hear good things.

I think I know the answer to a question I have. However, I am all ears.

I am trying to clean a flamed marble floor. Ive been a cleaner for 13 years. Truckmount, Turbo tools, High Alkaline cleaners, Strippers, All the toys.

Filthy floor, it has never been professionally cleaned. Almost Black. Problem...... it has a heavy topical sealer across the top. (Not Acrylic or water based )

Im getting alot soil off the floor but its Patchy at best. Used strong strippers, 14 Ph Alkalines, Crb agitation, Black scrub pads, Truck mount heat and pressure. Not satisfied with results.

I dont want to walk away without exhausting my options. Cant get through this topical. Any advice from a board member would be appreciated.
Thank you all so much.

Name
Paul Kelly
Re-emulsify with the same seealer you put down and buff off the residue
Hi Mikey. Thank you for responding. I did not put the sealer down. It was on the floor from many years ago. Homeowner does not remember. Just can get it off. Ive run into this problem on slate and Saltillo floors. My gut is telling me its not do-able. I figured I would but it out there.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Mikey. Thank you for responding. I did not put the sealer down. It was on the floor from many years ago. Homeowner does not remember. Just can get it off. Ive run into this problem on slate and Saltillo floors. My gut is telling me its not do-able. I figured I would but it out there.
I'm sorry I not only rushed my answer but rushed through reading your problem, sounds like you're going to need a gel-based paint stripper which is going to be more of a health- threat nightmare then you're probably willing to deal with.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom