Flash Cuffs.. who uses them?

Mikey P

Administrator
Olson tells me the newest versions are great. Button works easier and they last way longer than the competing cuffs.

I'm sick of my 2.5s always coming apart and tired of supporting a dictator.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok both your cards being charged for 2 sets of 2.5 and 3 sets of 2" and starters and reducers. You'll have them Wednesday

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
I am on my second set, they are hard to open when they are new but once you break them in they work great. Never had one come apart on the job or when taking the hoses of the reel.
Luis

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Been using them (2" and 2.5") for a few years. I think I broke one, but my mama always said I was a very destructive child.

Lefty724

Name
E
Just started using 2" flash cuffs. So far, they are awesome!

I have always used the barbed crap, then went on to be a diaper spinner, now back to hwe. I plan on getting another lid with a male flash cuff or making one myself for my devastator.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Been using flash cuffs for a few years. My only complaint is the o-ring inside the female will be inside your waste tank the first time you drop a section with TM running. Easiest way to keep them working good is wd40. Keep females lubed :)

Reactions: Mikey P

hogjowl

Idiot™
Best cuff is still the Cool Cuff with the Mytee Cuff a close second. Mytee cuffs will mate with Cool Cuffs.

I got a Mytee cuff set with my last Divistator Filter and it has been working quite well for me. At first glance, I figured the rubber seal of the male would be the weak point, but it hasn't come off yet.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
They are a hydro-force item so anyone that is a hydro-force distributor has them even Jon-Don :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I found the way to keep the orig cool cuffs from coming apart when reeling is to keep some slack in the hose.
Never had a set come apart when running to a job, even up a couple floors.
I bought some flash cuffs in 2010, couldn't get them apart so there was no way I was putting them on the hose.
I have a set of Mytee cuffs, they work quite well. They would match with some of the cool cuffs but for some reason not all of them. They have never separated on the reel but they are on my lead length and don't get the stress the others get.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Between Joe and Mytee, its a toss up as to which as the most variations in production.

And, just how do you go about having "slack" in your hose as you are rolling it up?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Almost 2 years now on Mytee Cuff-lynx. I keep a can of WD40-lithium in the door pocket and occasionally spray the mating threads. Usually after washing the hoses.

No problems yet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Between Joe and Mytee, its a toss up as to which as the most variations in production.

And, just how do you go about having "slack" in your hose as you are rolling it up?

As I am reeling in the hose, I'll stop after a couple loops past a cuff, then push a little slack into the reel and feed it back to the loop with the cuff.

PCCN

Replaced my cool cuffs with flash cuffs and wont go back. They both have the slightest air leak but nothing to cry over. Flash cuffs are a one handed operation - not cool cuffs. Plus, no brass lock/slide to keep replacing on them.

Scott Rogers

I love the brass slide locking cool cuffs. keep them clean and lubed and there is no better.

Name
Nate W.
With all do respect to Lil Bill Yealdon, Who the hell pulls hose up with a rope instead of dropping the hoses down? I have always and will continue to drop hoses down.. Only makes sense.. Tie it off on the railing, feed hose down... :shifty:

Mikey P

Administrator
Replaced my cool cuffs with flash cuffs and wont go back. They both have the slightest air leak but nothing to cry over. Flash cuffs are a one handed operation - not cool cuffs. Plus, no brass lock/slide to keep replacing on them.

no midnight scream fest or 2.5 cuffs popping off the reel and nailing your nuts as well..

Sounds like time to switch.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I do have the new 2.5 cool cuffs with the seal inside and the better locking swivels and have had not problem in over a year now with them. Before, they were always coming apart on the reel and also there were a few times they came apart when there was another problem with manufacturing. I have about 16 months on the current set.

I have tried some other cuffs that did not hold up or work properly. I have not tried the new Flash cuffs or the old flash cuffs so I cannot comment on how well they work....

Mark Saiger

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
week_2_flash_cuff.png

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I just found an oversized o-ring to smash into the lip inside the female cuff, and it wont come out without a fight. The stock O-rings are too small and too loose and fall out or get sucked into the filter when your disconnect female fittings while under vacuum.

I keep my flash cuffs lubed just like my brass fittings. Like all the new plastic cuffs, dont drop them in cold weather! i have never had one come undone either, on the reel or off!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have several pair of flash cuffs and while they stay together they leak a shyt ton of air. I do like them this time of year when doing multi level apartment work and hanging hose off of balconies and so fourth

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom