flash cuffs???

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Anybody use them?

Dirt cheap. You gotta pick through to make sure you get a working set, but so far so good.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Are Flash Cuffs the Interlink cuffs? If so, I use and like Flash Cuffs.

I like how beefy and durable they are and how they just snap together without twisting.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been testing one for Olson since they first came out....I like the taper on it because it does not get caught up on anything..they are built to take a pounding and keep going....but they are not real user friendly...if you put them on the hose where you don't have to take them apart all the time and it don't have to swivel much then they are great...on a lead hose..they are a pain to get apart and if you do a large job with long hose runs and you get to the point where you can shorten your hose....you cant attach it to the wand or anything.......

.............................BUT..........................

I here thru the carpet cleaning grape vine that they re-worked them since I had gotten mine and they are supposed to be better......

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Jim Martin said:
I have been testing one for Olson since they first came out....I like the taper on it because it does not get caught up on anything..they are built to take a pounding and keep going....but they are not real user friendly...if you put them on the hose where you don't have to take them apart all the time and it don't have to swivel much then they are great...on a lead hose..they are a pain to get apart and if you do a large job with long hose runs and you get to the point where you can shorten your hose....you cant attach it to the wand or anything.......

.............................BUT..........................

I here thru the carpet cleaning grape vine that they re-worked them since I had gotten mine and they are supposed to be better......

The male fits on a 2" wand.

I never have any trouble taking them apart with the machine running.

Billy

Name
BH
I have 2" Flash Cuffs for my lead hoses & I really like them so far. Mine stay together & only come apart when I want them to. They also seem to be holding up well. Only issue I had was a O ring came out & I just put it back, hasn't been an issue since.

We just did a 9 story building today & luckily I used a safety cord on my existing 2.5" Swivel Twist cuffs because they come apart no matter how much tape I put on them to snug the connection up.

I keep hoping Interlink will get the 2.5" starter cuff corrected & actually stock the 2.5" complete cuff set but I have to say it doesn't look as if they will ever get them so I'm stuck for now with better than the alternatives.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Billy said:
I have 2" Flash Cuffs for my lead hoses & I really like them so far. Mine stay together & only come apart when I want them to. They also seem to be holding up well. Only issue I had was a O ring came out & I just put it back, hasn't been an issue since.

We just did a 9 story building today & luckily I used a safety cord on my existing 2.5" Swivel Twist cuffs because they come apart no matter how much tape I put on them to snug the connection up.

I keep hoping Interlink will get the 2.5" starter cuff corrected & actually stock the 2.5" complete cuff set but I have to say it doesn't look as if they will ever get them so I'm stuck for now with better than the alternatives.
They have 2.5 starter cuffs and everything but a 2.5 to 2 reducer. You can use the cool cuffs reducer barb and you got it.

Billy

Name
BH
B&BGaryC said:
They have 2.5 starter cuffs and everything but a 2.5 to 2 reducer. You can use the cool cuffs reducer barb and you got it.

They now have the Male 2.5" Starter Cuff? That is cool since I had planned to keep the existing 2" barb since it is glued in place on a short transition piece (2.5" F on 1.5' 2.5" hose with 2.5" barb - 2" m threads) that makes it where I can put it on any hose I choose.

If they are in stock I may change all out soon only bad thing is I still have a few sets of existing cuffs never even used I purchased for extra hose we have in case it is needed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom