Flash Cuffs?

Jerry

Supportive Member
Those who have had them a while, how are they holding up? I'm ready to put new hose/cuffs on everything, just curious if they are up to the hype?
Thanks!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mikey has had some of the 2.5" ones break. I am trying to find out how many more people have had this happen. I have sold a ton of them and haven't heard about this happening on the new generations of 2" or the 2.5 but mikey has broke a few of them and I cant see how he could be the only one but overall based on how many we have sold and no complaints (except mikey and the 2.5's) so overall I say your still good to go on making the switch and if not I have 120 sets of the original cool cuffs available

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all of mine are doing fine...no problems with the 2.5's .......or the 2 inch............

Jerry

Supportive Member
Cool, do they stay on the JB hose( Amflex?) better than the mytee cuffs? I keep having to tighten them up on every other job. John, do you also carry Amflex hose? Thanks guys!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Cool, do they stay on the JB hose( Amflex?) better than the mytee cuffs? I keep having to tighten them up on every other job. John, do you also carry Amflex hose? Thanks guys!

Joes...Mytee's and the flash cuffs all fit on my hoses with out any problems....

I have not had then come lose on me yet....Joe's cuffs kept backing off.....Mytee's cuff never did.....

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I just put 2.5 FC on my 2.5 vac hose due to my cool cuffs not stayin together anymore due to age, my cool cuffs lasted a very long time,but they do come apart on 2.5 hose due to the fact the swivel gets stiff and gooped up and would cause the cool cuffs to come apart. I had fixed them with electrical tape for years trying to keep them together. My 2.5 hose is under 75 feet of 2.0 hose and there is nothing more frustrating than having one of the 2.5 cc come apart under all the hose as you unreel it.
So I got to use them today on a few jobs as the hose run was long enough... I freakin LOVE them the button makes it a one hand disconnect with cool cuffs 2.5's almost always takes two hands to get them to come apart when you need them to (go figure). I know the new cc's even have bigger teeth to grab and lock together and I could hardly get them to come apart out of the box.
Didn't notice any major air leaks from any of the Flash Cuffs today when I checked them. So far super happy with them and I will be upgrading to them for all my connections on my 2.0 vac hoses too.
I did post a little fix to help them come apart a little better if you have or get some that give you any problems, if you do the same I think you will be supper happy with them, I am so far, enough to go ahead and make the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i have some you can buy from me...not very old....

2.5s not 2s

Billy

Name
BH
We have been using Flash Cuffs for quite awhile. Both 2.5" & 2" along with starters etc...

The Flash cuff isn't what I consider the perfect cuff but it is the best for us so far out of all the one we have tried. I have a collection of old cuffs I have tested & wasted $$$$s on.

Our first 2.5" Flash Cuffs were very hard to pull apart but Interlink warrantied them & replaced them with improved version. The O-rings are laughable because they go directly to waste tank as soon as we pull them apart under vac. Even the new ones are sometimes hard to pull apart to the point of stepping on the hose to disengage. We don't glue them because of past failures but we do use some silicone to seal them. We always check for tightness while un-reeling for use.

We have 2.5" Flash cuffs for 600' of hose & 2" for lead hoses & accessories.

Problems:

1. First set of 2.5" all were replaced due to being almost impossible to pull apart.
2. The O-rings don't stay in place at all after using.
3. Have had to replace starter cuffs a couple of times due to breakage.
4. A few of the 2" have actually cracked.
5. Over time we have noticed very slight air leakage but nothing major & it usually goes away with a little twist.
6. Had to make a 2.5" to 2" reducer since one doesn't exist.
7. Had to use our Cool Cuff 1.5" reducer sleeve to make a direct connection for 1.5" tools to our 2" lead hose.

Overall Flash Cuffs have worked well for us.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am going to try something for the o ring problem. Mine made it through the day today but I have a idea that may solve the issue of them getting sucked away. I will let you all know if it works.
I also made some custom reducers for myself here is my 2.0 to 2.5 adapter
IMG_20131227_101834_959_zps8f00dd86.jpg

On my hose reel I first put a short 25 footer of 2.0 hose as I don't like coiling my 2.5 that tight and a made a cuff that goes the other way 2.0 female to a 2.5 male so I can just click the 2.5 female flash cuff and roll the 2.5 hose up

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy

Billy

Name
BH
I am going to try something for the o ring problem. Mine made it through the day today but I have a idea that may solve the issue of them getting sucked away. I will let you all know if it works.
I also made some custom reducers for myself here is my 2.0 to 2.5 adapter
IMG_20131227_101834_959_zps8f00dd86.jpg

On my hose reel I first put a short 25 footer of 2.0 hose as I don't like coiling my 2.5 that tight and a made a cuff that goes the other way 2.0 female to a 2.5 male so I can just click the 2.5 female flash cuff and roll the 2.5 hose up

That is interesting I never thought of that.

What I did was use one 2.5" Female Flash Cuff - a short 2.5" - a Cool Cuff 2.5" barb threaded reducer - 2" Male Flash Cuff. The plus I guess to mine is it can be used on any hose that comes off the reel.

How did you glue it permanently?

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
1. First set of 2.5" all were replaced due to being almost impossible to pull apart.
2. The O-rings don't stay in place at all after using.
3. Have had to replace starter cuffs a couple of times due to breakage.
4. A few of the 2" have actually cracked.
5. Over time we have noticed very slight air leakage but nothing major & it usually goes away with a little twist.
6. Had to make a 2.5" to 2" reducer since one doesn't exist.
7. Had to use our Cool Cuff 1.5" reducer sleeve to make a direct connection for 1.5" tools to our 2" lead hose.

Overall Flash Cuffs have worked well for us.

We have been using FCs for over a year. We replace all the factory ORings with a fatter O Ring and we dont have the issues with the O Ring sucking out and going into the filter.

1. They break fairly easily. Especially in the cooler weather, especially when not connected. You drop these puppies on concrete from 4 feet high and you will need new ones.

2. Over time, the connections will wear a little from dirt etc in the swivel area and you can develop leaks, generally under vac load we dont notice at all

3. The push button can stick if it gets dirt on the inside. Keep them lubed up!

Good cuff, probably better than the others but far from chimp proof

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yes Amflex is about the only hose that sells. I have some flexhaust in stock but most of that is from what comes with the prochem machines that people switch out for amflex. Mytee cuffs never had an issue with Amflex it is flexhaust they will not stay on. We no longer stock the mytee cuff.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

Is that what that last section you sent me was?

If it is, totally different feel to it. I like it over all the other hose we ended up with : )

Thank Ya Sir!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Those who have had them a while, how are they holding up? I'm ready to put new hose/cuffs on everything, just curious if they are up to the hype?
Thanks!

Do It and quit worrying about it. Once you get them and start clicking and playing with them you'll feel dumb for not doing it sooner.
No more fighting and fumbling period.

"Flash Cuff are the Sex of Hose Cuffs, They will be very hard to top!"

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee

: )
A guy with a V from here may be calling ya! Frozer up : (

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
No more fighting and fumbling period.

"flash cuff
link1.gif
are the Sex of Hose Cuffs

Sex??? if yor fumbling around
yor doing it all wrong!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
a3yzabep.jpg

I'm still a fan but this female 2" piece has cracked in 2 places. It's been really cold here so maybe the plastic has been more brittle. I'm the only one using them so the only thing I can think is that it happened by dropping it on a concrete driveway from waist height on a very cold day. They are very easy to use but let's see how we all feel about them a year from now. Like most products, they will probably have to improve them over time. I'd recommend them but would also order a couple extra female pieces.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Had one pop apart while reeling up today, damn thing liked to killed me!

Donked myself in the head wit a QC once too. Changed me reelin habits quick!

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
LOL.....i had a guy that was showin' off how fast he could reel in a solution line.......when he got the the end....
the QD knocked out two of his front teef!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
LOL.....i had a guy that was showin' off how fast he could reel in a solution line.......when he got the the end....
the QD knocked out two of his front teef!

I have no doubt, dang that jus ooohhhheeeee

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
All the input on the Flash Cuffs is appreciated. We will be trying several options to improve durability. Always seeking to upgrade and improve the best hose cuffs and make them better. The voices from the field can tell us a lot. Thanks.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I found another 2" cuff that is cracked in almost the same place. At this rate, I might go through 4-6 female cuffs a year if I want to avoid using cracked ones.

The Clean Machine

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Quit slamming them on the ground.

Under no circumstances will i intentionally allow one to donk on the concrete. Draggin is one thing but if you flip the hose and these dudes smack the ground especially when cold, like most plastics will break.

Bet we see a 50% reduction rate in breaks during the summer months.

Reactions: J Scott W

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
They will still break in summer,but its harder. We swapped out all the o-rings with ones that are tight in the groove. Have not lost one to the filter yet since!

Sent from my mobile time sucker

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom