Fleece backing Carpet tile VLM

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Looking for recommendations on what to use to clean some Shaw carpet tile with nylon face / fleece backing. This needs to be VLM as it's a secure location that I can't get hoses to. This carpet is only about 6 months old and the lobby is normal dirty but the secure area has a dark traffic lane with only 1 person working at a time. There is no asphalt parking lot and I wonder what is causing the excess soiling. The carpet was replaced after water damage and I'm wondering if this could be wicking up through the backing. I don't know who or how/if it was dried out. I have Interlink and another supplier with Pro's Choice chems.

View attachment 103204

Name
Doug B
Was the carpet replaced in the secure area or just in the lobby. Can't see the picture. Does the traffic lane just stop at the transition from secure area to the lobby? One person working at a time isn't likely to leave a heavy traffic lane in just six months.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Just clean as normal, always doing your best. If the secure area resoils faster due to certain activity the lobby doesn't see, then tell them you need to schedule the maintenance cleaning more frequently.

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
Was the carpet replaced in the secure area or just in the lobby. Can't see the picture. Does the traffic lane just stop at the transition from secure area to the lobby? One person working at a time isn't likely to leave a heavy traffic lane in just six months.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Just clean as normal, always doing your best. If the secure area resoils faster due to certain activity the lobby doesn't see, then tell them you need to schedule the maintenance cleaning more frequently.

The pics are only of secure area and I will try to resend.
1604076034579.png
1604076253018.png
1604076557829.png

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Not a normal traffic area. I'd ask them what they're routinely dragging through the area. If that's rubber/carbon from a cart, oils deposited by a robot delivery machine, ... You might want to have them drop a few replacement tiles in so you can have a few dirty ones to experiment on before going on site.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Just a traffic area
Make sure to use a scampoo with some guts to cut thru that.
Or add some ammonia to boost
I have a building where I can use bleach and not damage it.
See if they have a square to take home and try to destroy

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom