Flex powder. Vs powermax

Name
Marcus
Which is best for homes and restaurants....

I do both restaurants and homes......

I have used Powermax by dynachem but have not used flex powder

I also use grease eraser from chemiesters as a booster for restaurants....

I believe flex powder is by bridge port and has flex powder w citrus and flex powder without

Thanks

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marcus;

Prespray them side by side . . .

on a job with lots of stains . . .

Notice the final fragrance left . . .

and report back.

Larry

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Prespray them side by side . . .

^^^THIS^^ Marc

it's the only way to evaluate products ...cause soil type, methods/equipment, water and operator technique can all make a difference in what works best for me, you or someone else

Buy a jar of Flex powder and do some side by side eval's on trashed carpets .
Do them on more then one and more than one type of carpet when you can.
If you can tell no clear difference, pick the one that smells best or is less expensive at "effective" RTU dilution rates

yea I know side by sides are a PITA and take more time..and most guys won't take the time and hassle to do them .
But it;s the only way to know
otherwise, you'll be just another brainless pack follower chasing the latest de jour product or tool

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What Larry Capitoni suggests is always a good idea.
Or...............
Learn to know which people on this board you can trust, and ask for their opinion. Make sure that what they consider an advantage, you would also consider to be one.
For example, many here consider a lingering fragrance to be an advantage. I don't. I can't tell you how many clients I get that are relieved that there's no lingering fragrance. Everybody is different.

Another example: Someone like Larry, and quite a few others (you know who you are!) are people that will always give you good advise. Learn to recognize who these people are. It may allow you the privilege of taking a few safe shortcuts.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Aren't they both too high a PH for residential? I know Flex is screaming high.

We've not used Larry's product but plenty of guys here do and like it. We've used the Flex powder on restaurants and been very pleased with the results.

Many times the differences between two products is so slight its hard to tell. I'd do as Larry C. mentioned buy a jar of each, use one product then the other. Make your decision based on which mixes better, breaks up the soil faster and leaves you with a better over all finished product.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Two different prespray for different applications. Flex is way hot but cuts like mad!

Powermax can be used in resi without a worry just rinse well.

Mikey P

Administrator
I like to have 3 carpet presprays on board.

For greens and wools I use Chemspec 210/ Sapphire One Earth , for normal residential I like Master blend Redline and for commercial, most tile and grout and real dirty homes Flex can't be beat.

hydracat

Iv used Flex on last 10 homes and have not had a problem with ph browning. If its bright white carpet I'll use an acid rinse.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Both are great pre-sprays....Both will cut threw anything you put them on...

Consistency is the key.......they have to work the same every time you put them down........you have got to be able to depend on every shipment you get is going to be like the one before it......

F

FB7777

Flex powder with citrus is our choice.

Best powdered prespray I have ever used.

Customers rave about the scent too

Reactions: J Scott W

hogjowl

Idiot™
This is funny. I have no problem with Flex with Citrus. I use it. However, I like, and use PowerMax too.

What's funny to me is the quite obvious indication that Cobb is no longer "in" on this board.

As the Mikey's world turns ..,

Reactions: Lint Basket

Mikey P

Administrator
This is funny. I have no problem with Flex with Citrus. I use it. However, I like, and use PowerMax too.

What's funny to me is the quite obvious indication that Cobb is no longer "in" on this board.

As the Mikey's world turns ..,

I've never used Power max other than a sample or two.

I do use his sealer and acid cleaner.

He lost a few fans when he messed with the original recipe too many times

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Too many products have the name PowerMax.

Larry's
Scots Tuff
Nufarm's weed spray we use on end of tenancies.

I want to try Larry's stuff but if I do I will have THREE chems on board called PowerMax.

"Carly, grab me the PowetMax."

"No not that one, the other PowerMax.....!"

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's what Larry C. always calls the "board du jour". :lol: I try not to get too caught up in the "in" stuff it's too fickle.

I made my decision off Fred Boyle's comments and I waited a while to decide. Fred is pretty conservative and doesn't jump at the "du jour" stuff. When he kept making comments about how well it was performing I decided to try a jar.

My guys confirmed what Fred had stated and now we have a hammer of a prespray if we need one. Fortunately we don't clean much trashed but when we need it we have it.

Being the board du jour is a fickle lady, you're never there for too long! LOL

Mikey P

Administrator
Because there is no drama queen personality behind Flex, I think it will be on the top of the menu board for a good long time.

Even that dope Foster knows what a kick ass product it is.

Last edited:

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Like you Richard, I decided to try a jar. Just reporting on the results.

The reason I may switch to flex on t&g is because I haven't noticed any white haze in the grout lines with flex. Sometimes I run into that problem with Powermax in a few areas.

I'm going to do some side by side tests when I get a chance. I'll give an approved "Cobb" report......equal soiling, equal dilutions and cost for RTU product.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I highly doubt there is any practical difference, except smell maybe.

Interlink store down street now, i'm all done with shipping $$$ for now on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom