Flex powder. Vs powermax

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use powermax. I think it is a good product and I like the price and the free shipping. However my opinion is that there are at least half a dozen products that when used in exactly the same way would give the same results.

I think people get to caught up on what is the 'Best" product out there when in reality most products do a great job if used properly.

But thank you for the reminder. I need to order a bunch of crap from cobbs.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I highly doubt there is any practical difference, except smell maybe.

Interlink store down street now, i'm all done with shipping $$$ for now on.

Nothing I hate worse than paying for shipping, it cuts into my "toy" funds. Since I have no local supplier I just make sure to find out how much I have so spend to get the free shipping and I spend it.

I haven't tried the new flex but Powermax works great for me on tile and carpet. Just adjust the dilution accordingly.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Mikey P

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Got my 2nd call back today.

We Flexed an Apt and apparently Junior missed a rinsing a spot, actually 2 spots real close.

The main spot was dark, size of a quarter. Hit it w S&G wiped right of no need for draggin hoses. Used AFR in a squirt bottle to rinse it : )

Then we flipped the lights off and an Orange spot showed up not far from the first.

Crazy, we stood there and flipped the lights off n on just to make sure.

Renter jus wanted new carpet and thought I was gonna be a route to get it, lol. I took the main man a Steak Biscuit all is well!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
BradFenstermaker
I don't have much experience with Powemax other than 1 jar yrs ago.

Recently picked up a pail of Flex/Citrus. Seems ok the few Hydro Forces I have used it.

Cut through a Massage parlor oil pit real nice.

Big thing is only getting 36 lbs. Seems alot less product than my go to powder I have used for yrs.

See what resoil looks like in month on some restaurants doing this week.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I made my decision off Fred Boyle's comments ................ Fred is pretty conservative ...........

Sheesh prairie man.
With an endorsement like that, who needs enemies?

If you wrote that about me here in CA. I would have had to seriously consider taking you out to the woodshed :winky:.

However, knowing 'What's the matter with Kansas' I take it you meant it as compliment and therefore will let it slide this time.

P.S. What is the matter with Kansas?

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
When ya'll sing

Do the cows come home ?

: )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Powermax is less expensive, Flex is hotter ph wise. I think flex is a little better on olefin they both work great other then that.

http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CC21A

RTU 12 to 13 ph I would be acid side rinsing that Mike out of residential.

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1150

Powermax says 10.7 on one page 11 ph on another and with a fresh water rinse drops to 9 ph.

I would say Powermax for residential and flex as a sledgehammer for anything really bad.

But if your using a scrubber they're both great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Desk Jockey
J

JS41035

I went through 2 pails of powermax. Really liked it. But the third didn't seen to have any bite. I should have called Cobb supply but I never did. Ended up tossing half a pail. Probably just a fluke but I ended up going back to enzall on the nasties.
I haven't tried flex yet. But that's mainly because Jon don doesn't sell it. Those guys ship so stinking fast and I always wait till the last minute. I ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday at 2 pm. Had it on my porch by noon today. Literally less than 24 hours plus free shipping. Craziness

Reactions: SamIam

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've not experienced the inconsistency problem with Cobb's yet, but if I do, I'll probably drop them like a hot cake. I absolutely love Flex with Citrus, and I can get it from my favorite people, TCS. However, Larry sells a few things, like his Brightener, that I really like, so when I order those, I'll order some Powermax, as well. Usually ...

Reactions: SamIam

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

Thanks for the report.

For the advanced spotting class I'm doing at the Experience on Friday,

I have been using a stronger version of the DC Brightener to take completely out some more difficult stains.

One was a bright blue toilet bowl cleaner I poured on the test nylon carpet.

The hi-power UV light accelerated the oxidizing action for 10 minutes to completely remove all the blue color.

I also removed a DARK BROWN crusty furniture stain from the same used test off white carpet.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom