Flexible 2.5 hose?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Man! I saw that someone actually is able to wrap the 2.5 hose around his body to carry it into the house - there is NO WAY i could wrap my 2.5 hose around my body, the hose is super stiff.

What 2.5 hose do you recommend for using in a home that is able to be manipulated?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
The hose that I have is absolute crap. Definitely replacing it ASAP.

Ron- do you run 2.5 on the entire real and then have a 2" whip line for connecting to your wand?

What do you use for a reducer?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have a 50ft length of 2" that is coiled with one of Makers velcro straps. I just carry that in.
I have 250ft of 2.5" on the reel. I have one of Greenie's aluminum reducers with a 2" cool cuff starter on the end of my first length of 2.5".
I have the truck plumbed with 3", using my old 3" vac line from my Big Red. That connects to 3" ABS which runs to the back of the truck. I have a 3"to2" ABS reducer, the interior has a lip making it 2" that I dremmelled out making it just shy of 2.5", which is then attached with a rubber connector to a 2.5" starter.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I'd like to see pictures if you have any. Do you think the 3 inch plumbing makes a recognizable difference as opposed to just going with 2.5 ?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
It has been my understanding that 2.5 hose is all the same....stiff as a mutha.

If something more flexible has come out in the last few years, I'd like to hear about it.

Albert

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ben;

SuperFlex is the 2.5" hose I suggested you try earlier.

It is the most flexible hose, that will hold up to big TM vacuum.

Larry

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've used the hose that I posted. I used it to help another cleaner with some apartments this summer. We coiled it up and used a vac hose strap to store it in the trailer unit I was using. I had no problems with it.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
bensurdi said:
I'd like to see pictures if you have any. Do you think the 3 inch plumbing makes a recognizable difference as opposed to just going with 2.5 ?

I think 2.5in is the sweet spot when it comes to hose size. You think the 2.5" is stiff, you should try using 3".
The blower runs 3" that's why I ran all 3" in the truck, no restrictions. Running 2.5" right to the tank would have worked probably just as well, I just overbuilt it. Besides, they don't make 2.5"ABS.

Here's the adaptor I built.
10-12-123into2-5inadaptor1.jpg

10-12-123into2-5inadaptor.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ron Werner said:
bensurdi said:

I think 2.5in is the sweet spot when it comes to hose size. You think the 2.5" is stiff, you should try using 3".
The blower runs 3" that's why I ran all 3" in the truck, no restrictions. Running 2.5" right to the tank would have worked probably just as well, I just overbuilt it. Besides, they don't make 2.5"ABS.

2.5" plastic is in the electrical conduit dept at Lowes.

Most 2" hose will snugly fit inside 2.5" hose without a fitting.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
from what people have said in previous posts, 100' is about the limit to where you will see a difference

150' will do you no better than 100' with a #4 blower

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you run all 2.5 and 50ft of 2" then you are basically running 50ft of 2" all the time, whether at 100ft or 300.

since I already had the 3" hose it was just as easy for me to plumb my tm with 3", the adaptor was easy as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom