Orbot Out of Business?

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
So who has the connections around here. I was oh so happy with the vibe I just got and pretty sad to see it seems they are out of business. Excellent Supply was letting us know there were some bad signs around the corner and now the website is gone. I suppose on the flipside Tops Phoenix will be in the future, damnit I missed that auction :(.

Mikey P

Administrator
That's been going around the rumor mill for a few months now.

When I talked to Jeff Hruby back in March all appeared to be going well, with lots of new tools on the horizon

But ...

Saturated market.

Newbs can't justify the cost when a $1200 175 appears to do the same thing.

No sales force.

High overhead.

Not too surprised....

Last edited:

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
That's been going around the rumor mill for a few months now.

When I talked to Jeff Hruby back in March all appeared to be going well, with lots of new tools on the horizon

But ...

Saturated market.

Newbs can't justify the cost when a $1200 175 appears to do the same thing.

No sales force.

High overhead.

Not too surprised....

There seems to be a market for a $2k to $3k machine. The jump from $1200 to $4400 is a bit much.

Minuteman ROS 17 ($1800 shipped) - Sprayer not that good based on some videos posted, no tilt for the head

Magic Wand Probot ($2500 shipped) - Internal Drip, how would that help bonnet/pad situations? Longevity issues as Mikey noted.

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
I was surprised that there were only two bids on the last Phoenix auction. I received the unit last week, and used it to clean our living room as a learning experiment. I am sure pleased with it.
Thank a water flood that hit me :( . It was a good flood though, but still you got a killer deal.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I was surprised that there were only two bids on the last Phoenix auction. I received the unit last week, and used it to clean our living room as a learning experiment. I am sure pleased with it.
I was going to bid because it was so low but I already have one as well as a Sprayborg. $4500 sounds like a lot but nothing compared to $7000cdn when you pay the exchange rate and shipping. Yet, I have made more money with my Phoenix than I do with my truck mounts on an hourly basis. We often average $300-$400 per hour with the Phoenix , sometimes, more . Much easier to use than a rotary. Worth the difference.

MarkieMark

Name
Mark Franco
But $450-$500 wands are moving like wildfire...
The problem with really expensive wands is they are not needed or a benefit in most situations. At least for us in the hot desert climate 10% dry time doesn't mean anything for 100% increase in wand price. I must have thought if only I had a swivel a handful of times would make my life easier. I am flexible and can get in there fine in most situations. In really tight areas I just go to the stair tool and problem is solved. It is still on my want list to be in the "Cool" club but I am not sure I can ever pull the trigger for the price.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom