FLIP Video Camcorder

B

Bill G. Martin

Any one buy one of these? If so which one? Biggest difference is battery pack and also image stability ?

Or what about the Kodak one knock off?

Bill in Central Florida

Jonee

Bill, I just bought one and it should be here next week. I found the best price on Amazon and free shipping. I'm sure there is an expert here on the board, but my neighbor is a big video blogger and he told me the HD Flip image was the best in that $150-$200 range. He also said their software was very easy to convert to other formats, when making a CD's (like for advertising). He told me when creating CD it will allow the play back in "all regions" so you can do play back in any CD player vs requiring a DVx player I figure its a pretty cheap investment, and should help me promote my businesses. He also told me to get a nicad battery charger, so I assume they go through batteries.

I should have some time playing with it by February........look me up at 'Da Fest" and I will giv you the scoop.

-Jon

I have this one and love it, hd and the whole ball of wax,

KodakZ16.jpg

Here's a video I did with it.

5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvHln1fssEc5]

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I owned a Flip Ultra HD briefly. It wacked out after a couple of months while I was downloading images to my computer. I attempted to contact Flip but got no support at all. So I flipped the Flip into the trash (I suppose that's the real meaning of their name).

I then went and bought the Kodak Z18. http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsus/en_US/pd/Zi8_Pocket_Video_Camera/productID.156585800

I've been completely satisfied with the Z18. I've now purchased three Z18's - one for shooting quick videos at the office, one for personal use, and one as a gift for one of our employees. Read the reviews on the Z18. It has better features than the Flip. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the this handy high-def webcam.

I'll post a video later that we recently shot with the Z18.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I have had good luck with the Flip Ultra. Last night my daughters and wife and I were filming us doing Beatles Rock Band.
Now I know why no one asked me to be in their band.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
billyeadon said:
I have had good luck with the Flip Ultra. Last night my daughters and wife and I were filming us doing Beatles Rock Band.
Now I know why no one asked me to be in their band.

That would be fun to see you try!! Post the video!!! :D

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I wanted to get one of these camcorders but heard the video was very shaky without the use of a tripod, how is the stabilization?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
one concern I would have and its the same issue that the small pocket size point and shoot still cameras have and that is the lens looks very small on those flip cameras, which means the unit will likely work fine when there is lots of light, say outside on a bright sunny day, however take it inside a home use it in the evening when the light isn't perfect and the image quality goes way down just as I have seen on the small pocket point and shoot cameras, those larger lenses let in more light so the image is still good when the light isn't perfect.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom