Flojet pumps. .

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have been having problems with my pump over heating it says:
1432003343872.jpg

So I took out my accumulator tank and it still over heats.. Is it just the wrong pump for the prochem water box or what is going on here? It's OK for a while but it I have bigger jobs it shuts off due to high temps..

Able 1

Name
Keith
I first replace the switch(normally it goes) then the pump, to no avail. .

Able 1

Name
Keith
I switched pumps with my other TM and that one is fine.. Not sure why these run too much..

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I imagine your water box valve cycles the pump often enough to overheat it on long jobs. The pressure switch is rated for only so many cycles as well. You might consider one of the newer VSD pumps. They use a pressure sensor and variable speed instead of a pressure switch. The Flojet R4515 743A is a good match to your specs:

http://www.rvautoparts.com/Flojet-Water-Pump-37-gpm-Sensor-VSD-R4515-743A_p_13760.html

View attachment 3599
So would you still need the tank?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Because the pressure pump is mounted up high and Newton's law of gravity says water won't go up hill without help. :oldrolleyes:

but Richard....why not jus use a pump that is strong enough to pull water from the tank itsef........
CRASH pulls his water from the passenger side all the way up and across the ceiling of the van cuz he don want to have the hose on the floor of the van......

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Max pressure is to low on the hydra cell. Limit is 1000 psi. Flow is really high. You have to jump to a much more expensive one for higher pressure.

Keith I always hated the pump problem. I solved it by using a halwin shutoff switch in the water tank. Zero problems after that. Best decision ever. Also make sure you go a size larger on the wire. Can't hurt

Gene

Reactions: Able 1
Name
Lee Stockwell
I used a transfer pump for a couple of years...like 4 of them.

Enough! Now I no longer need them. A little engineering manufacturers should better address.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
I never had pump problems before this.. I think I just bought the wrong pump.

I agree with you Gene, I think it has to due to the toilet type valve that leaks when you use any water... It needs to shut off and have some time before it starts up again. I think it runs non stop when we are cleaning. .

Able 1

Name
Keith
the flow rate is not enough, pump cant keep up with your flow. get a 4.9 gpm pump, look at shuflo
That's a point I'll think about, the pump that is working good is a 4.5gpm Flojet. . Though I don't use 3.3gpm it might be over working it..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It's the chattering that happens when the water starts to shut off. It needs to be a hard stop of water to prevent it. The floats being used are for a garden hose not a demand pump. The chattering is hard on switches and causes heat build up. The halwin switch has a 6" swing and only turns on when the tank is 3" from empty and stays on until it's 2" from the top. The pump never cycles or chatters again. I would direct feed it if the water box was on the bottom. I'll be back in the pump buying business with the 870. I'm not gonna pop a hole in the stainless box. Wouldn't work anyway. Can't wait to try out the new style pump. Thanks Dan didn't know that pump existed.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom