Flooding in Oklahoma/Kansas /Texas

Mikey P

Administrator
..actually Lockhart called yesterday to tell me he is getting out of the water damage industry.

Too depressing dealing with all these seniors and near do wells who do not have flood insurance.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
John
I'm finding on minor flooding most people just want water extracted and dried out no demo... Most all of these are considered cat 3 right??? I guess have them sign release of liability form and go on... Wow 25 jobs...pretty good money last few weeks for you

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The fired tech had issues with quality of his work on a fire loss. I think he was just toasted from a hard week and had a breakdown. Something we can't have.

The other has been here a couple of years and knows we are all about emergency work and said it just became too much. I can see that.

I had a crew just roll in the have been out since 2:00 AM. They had two losses and are headed home to get some sleep. Meanwhile we have 3 other crews that came in this morning and are out on water losses.

It can get pretty rough at times when the work comes like this.

Reactions: Greg Cole
Name
Marcus
I used to do water damage...I am not too far from houston.....
What do you guys charge to do a house extraction....
I talked to a few guys some years back that just went house to house during a flood and did extractions and left the rest for the homeowner and insurance.
Cap

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
you can try that. We do it all or not at all. We don't want any liability. They did 12 Sat-Monday.We did 10-more today with two guys doing all the monitoring from the weekend. Thats 47-in the last 10-days.We can't even bill the first round, the second round was much worse. : (

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
you can try that. We do it all or not at all. We don't want any liability. They did 12 Sat-Monday.We did 10-more today with two guys doing all the monitoring from the weekend. Thats 47-in the last 10-days.We can't even bill the first round, the second round was much worse. : (

Glad to hear you and I are on the same page. We will not expose ourselves to liability just because the customer does't have or doesn't want to spend the money to do it right.
I would imagine your cash outs are 20-30% lower than your insurance billings? or are you only doing flood insured jobs?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We will work for anyone willing to pay our rates. No preference to insured or non-insured. We expect the same from not insured as insured, collect deductible at the beginning of the loss.

I would imagine your cash outs are 20-30% lower than your insurance billings?
Exactly, mostly due to passing on wall drying & carpet cleaning. So as one will be 3K, the next only 1 or 2k. Historically rain water is not as big a tickets as pipe breaks, but it all adds up.

They have (20) losses to monitor today but we only did (3) new losses yesterday day. Its all but over, until round 3? :eekk:

spoke too soon, (2) more just called in. It just keeps raining. :errf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Nate W.
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hard to beat free. :cool:

Did you get a company Facebook up yet? I think it would be really helpful and very reasonable with as many people coming and going from the bases that might have rugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom