FloodMaster

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
I thought I'd let you guys know about the FloodMaster systems I've designed. Basically, they're dedicated flood- suckers. And they're only 20 inches wide by 48 inches long, so they're super- compact.

FloodMasterLFCropped.jpg

What makes them unique is the attention to ruggedness and quietness, and the fact that they never fill up. Ruggedness comes from the larger- than- necessary motor to blower sizing and the coupler sizing.

They feature 22 HP Kohler Command PRO engines with a #36 blower, or a 25 HP Kohler, with a #45 blower.

Both systems utilize a #8 coupling, for added durability.

They're plumbed to accept 2.5" hose, and can be conveniently reduced to 2". (A "four to the door" version is also in the works.)

And they have two silencers- one for the motor and one for the blower. The blower silencer is designed to be installed under the truck, which allows for a large silencer and for extra noise dampening, which is great for those late night flood calls, without disturbing the neighbors.

They're continuous pump out systems, so they never fill up. And they come with the UltraFlow filter, which has the benefit of zero interference with airflow and a large trash capacity of approximately 3 gallons.

Simply put, they're powerful, quiet, fit well in a van and leave plenty of room for other equipment.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
R.Chavez said:
Looks cool!

Can you get it with a recovery tank?

It freezes in the winter here and pumping out water creates frozen lakes.

Sure. One thing, though. The larger the tank, the more it affects vacuum. A very cost effective alternative would be to buy a 275 gallon tote (plastic chemical tank) and pump to it, then dump the tank. You can get a tote for about $75 to $100, used.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
albradham said:
I am seeing it with wheels and a small gas tank. We do alot of large buildings that we can't get a truck close to. Send me info.

Hmmm. That's an interesting idea. CO2 emissions in an enclosed area can be a serious concern, though. If you could park it on a balcony, etc., it would do nicely.

BTW... Two people can pick it up relatively easily. It weighs about 300 lbs.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Is there anyway to provide something to divert the exhaust outside, like an attachment of sorts ?

Steve:

The one in the picture went into a box truck. It was designed to have the exhaust under the truck for added quietness. But that particular truck had all sorts of "stuff" under it, including a ramp, that got in the way. So we had to put a silencer inside the frame for it.

So, the answer to your question is, "Yes.". That's the way they're typically done.

In a van, it's a simple installation, with the silencer behind the driver's seat, outside, under the van, where a propane tank for an L.P. system would typically be located.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
steve g said:
how much for both units respectively??

$7,500 for the 2236

$8,500 for the 2545

Both include 200 ft. vacuum reel, 200 ft. vacuum hose, 50 ft. discharge hose, UltraFlow filter and wand

Installation or shipping extra, as applicable.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Duane my apologies for not being specific. I meant making it mobile, as Al had suggested. Would there be anything that you can do to divert the exhaust away from the building, as it would be sitting just outside ?

With a self- contained silencer, I could design a connector on the front of it, that would accept an exhaust hose. It would need to be large enough to prevent back- pressure. (What's coming up for me as I think of this is a "sweep"- a large radius elbow, which would serve as a bridge between the system and exhaust hose.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom