flyers and color

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
soooo I am going to put out a flyer....my question is this

1. Black ink and random colored paper
2. Spend the extra and have some of the wording color??

Also I was reading before about someone doing part picture and part no pic, and said the pic ran best.....So if i pay the extra for the color ink should i put a family pic on there??

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The most accurate answer will be found if you test for yourself. DO a few each way and see what is popular in your neighborhood or city and with your target audience.

Keep a record of where you sent each variation and what the results were in number and in dollar volume.

Making a guess about your marketing based on my personal experience, a nice picture of you or the family helps. The possible drawback is when you get big enough to have employees, customers will want the guy in the photo.

If you have any pictures, you obviously want color printing. If you will be doing just black ink use colored paper. You can also do one color printing with colored ink. We used blue ink on white paper for some of our early ads.

Keep in mind, your flyers and marketing materials are you image for the world. Unless you want price shopping customers, you don't want to project a cheap image. If you want high end clients, everything you put out has to convey quality.

Scott Warrington

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Go with full color!

It's 2007! Colored advertising is now the standard. I would suggest not going cheap on marketing material. It won't create the impression you want. And color produces more sales than non-color from all the tests I've run. B&W just doesn't pull like color does.

And why wouldn't you run full color? You can now purchase a fairly inexpensive color laser printer. For example, you can get an HP 2605DN for $375 at Staples right now. (But keep in mind - the consumables are expensive - toner ain't cheap - so plan accordingly) Or you can shop around to find a reasonably priced color copy printing company. There are a few companies on-line that provide affordable color printing.

It's true that printing in color is not cheap. But properly used color can look very professional. IMHO it just makes sense to go with full color.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Re: Go with full color!

encapman said:
It's 2007! Colored advertising is now the standard. I would suggest not going cheap on marketing material.

You can now purchase a fairly inexpensive color laser printer.

i agree except with the lazer printing it still isn't as good as off-set printing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom