For the Power Brokers out there.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Is it possible for a 23 HP Kohler iron engine have the power to run a 59 dual splash blower, if I can find room on my Powermatic platform?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Reduction drive it to produce a small fraction of it's rated output. But it makes no sense to, because a blower sized correctly to the available power will be much more efficient, as it won't have so much inertial and frictional losses. That 23 HP would be more suited to a 4MP (45) blower.

If you use that setup, you will have less CFM and lift capability than a typical 45 blower.

You can power a loaded Greyhound bus with that motor. Just don't expect it to have a top speed much above walking.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
simple answer no.

Long answer, you will have to under drive that blower so much just to actually get it to spin. At the speed you will need to run it at the max hg's you will be able to use would be around 12.

Horrible combination. Go buy a brand new 45 blower for less than 2 grand and it will be a great setup.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
simple answer no.

Long answer, you will have to under drive that blower so much just to actually get it to spin. At the speed you will need to run it at the max hg's you will be able to use would be around 12.

Horrible combination. Go buy a brand new 45 blower for less than 2 grand and it will be a great setup.

Just doing some "thinking". I have a spare 59 blower, and also a spare 4ll (Performer) blower. The PM still performs well....just thought I might kick it up a notch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom