For those that need some business..

DannyD

Hey all,

I'm about to try an idea on Monday. I haven't a clue if it'll work out or not, but here's something ya may wanna try. I maybe should have waited until after I tried it to report on how it worked, but figured I could just both tell ya what I'm going to try & also how it worked when I get done.

What I'm doing is handing out fliers that have the price as "Pay what you feel is fair". I worded it a way that said something to the effect of "yea, you can take me for a free ride, but I have faith in people." So yea, people can get a free job but I'll be surprised if it happens.

I'm handing out 250 of these things as a trial & seeing how it works. I handed out 700 on my last run (different flier) & booked 2 jobs out of it. Not exactly the results I was hoping for.

Whether this will work or not, I don't know. I wanted to throw the idea out there in case anyone might wanna try it also. If anyone wants the flier feel free to call or email me: dannyderoche@aol.com

Please make sure ya title it carpet cleaning or something so I don't think it's junk. Like a lot of ya's, I get a lot of crap mail.

Take care,
Danny

G

Danny,

Don't let the consumer decide what you are worth. They do not know your cost of doing business. There are better ways to get business. You may want to have a sale and state a certain percentage off.

Dave

Greg Loe

Don't hand them out in front of the local homeless shelter or food bank. You might get more customers next time

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Something like this may be worth trying out too...
Flyer-1.jpg

Attachments

• Flyer-1.jpg
    Flyer-1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 156

Trevor Truitt

Danny~

Sent you an email with a copy of my flyer attached.

I think how you approach it will be a huge variable.

More after I see your flyer... Dinner calls.

Trevor

DannyD

Yea,

My flier doesn't have that friendly feel to it. I'm starting to see where I went wrong. Also, Greg I had to laugh at that. I actually meant to put in there "for Grand Blanc residents only." That's an area I'd like to work in. I wouldn't make that offer in Flint. To late now to change it though. The good part is the offer only lasts until May 7.

Dave, I see what you're saying on them determining the price but 5 out of 7 people didn't seem to like mine. I didn't think it was that high but I guess the custies did. That's in part because I didn't give the value enough I'm guessing. I hope this isn't to short of a term thinking but right now I simply want to get the phone to ring.

I'm not the best communicator in the world but am working on it. I had a friend who didn't do squat in real estate for 4 years, then all of a sudden he's listing 125 houses working 6 months a year. That light goes on & all of a sudden everything is crystal clear. To bad he moved or he'd be a great referral. Still, if he can list a house a day I've got to believe I can at least get 1 carpet cleaning job a day. Then 2, then 3 & so on.

I appreciate the input everyone.

Thanx,
Danny

DannyD

DannyD said:
Hey all,

I'm about to try an idea on Monday. I haven't a clue if it'll work out or not, but here's something ya may wanna try. I maybe should have waited until after I tried it to report on how it worked, but figured I could just both tell ya what I'm going to try & also how it worked when I get done.

What I'm doing is handing out fliers that have the price as "Pay what you feel is fair". I worded it a way that said something to the effect of "yea, you can take me for a free ride, but I have faith in people." So yea, people can get a free job but I'll be surprised if it happens.

I was hoping to be able to say this idea worked out great. In case anyone cares it totally bombed. Not one call. I haven't a clue as to why cuz obviously no one called. Ah well, a lesson learned.

I did learn one thing though. From a previous flier maybe a month or so ago I've gotten a few jobs that trickled in. In those fliers I had put magnets w/ em. I was told that they tossed the flier, one of em w/out even reading it, but kept the magnet. So something to think about if you're doing fliers.

Take care,
Danny

danpauselius

I remember reading an article in either Cleanfax or ICS a while back that talked about this exact offer. It was meant more to get you thinking about the different offers you could put out there.

Best of luck with that, let us know how it turns out.

BTW, the next time you do something like this, make it expire in a week and a half. It creates urgency and will give you a better overall return and do it much faster.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If your work isn't worth crap why would anyone want you in their home.

People are too savvy to expect to get something for nothing.

They will wonder "what is the catch?"

It smells of a scam!!

Sell quality instead of being complacent to work for scraps!

Go back to the drawing board and dream up an other approach, listen to others or read some books.

Keep your determination and keep learning.

Heck it's getting into cleaning season. Go find some customers or help them to find you.

bawbvawter

Danny..say Hi to one of my ex's that lives up there...she'll scam ya!

Go for the ghetto suck an' run...should be good up in the Flint area....

G

Flint/and its surrounding communities is always a tuff case to break

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom