For those with no fresh tank

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's because I don't know. Neither does he. Besides, it was just a straw man.
Awe, that's no fun. My average is about 3jobs/year I can't get water. Just like last week, their water got cut off at a house and I had to reschedule for thursday this week.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Is that figure because it's a one ton van or because it's carrying water? Bigger motor, heavier vs half ton with small engine?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Would never clean without filtered and softened on board water. Can't believe anyone else does either.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
How much time is wasted finding a spigot, running the garden hose and winding it up after the job?

How many jobs do you do a day? A week? A year?

How much time is that being wasted?

What do you normally invoice per hour on average?

Now what did it cost not to carry water? Dumb fookers! :winky:
When you're in the habit, I waste about 3-5min hookin up water. I get that time back by not wasting time washing my hands after I use the bathroom:icon_neutral:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
When you're in the habit, I waste about 3-5min hookin up water. I get that time back by not wasting time washing my hands after I use the bathroom

You are also getting that time back by not having to run home(shop) after job.

How much time is that wasting???

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How much time is wasted finding a spigot, running the garden hose and winding it up after the job?

How many jobs do you do a day? A week? A year?

How much time is that being wasted?

What do you normally invoice per hour on average?

Now what did it cost not to carry water? Dumb fookers! :winky:
How the fook long does it take you to fill your 120 gallon water tank, or if you live in Minnesota, your 210 gallon tank. Divide that time between the customers you will serve with that and compare it to hooking up to each job. Usually takes me less than 2 minutes to hook my fresh water hose to a garden hose bib. Maybe 5 if I have to hook up inside to a laundry or bathroom sink.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They fill the trucks as they prep them and ready it for the next day. So zero time as they are doing other things that are necessary whether we carry water or not.

The main reason we carry isn't time though. The two reasons we carry our own water are:
1)
Liability. Last one to touch it gets blamed for it. Here our winter gets cold enough to break pipes, if people leave their hose connected. Then come Spring the poor innocent carpet cleaner gets blamed for flooding their basement.

2)
Home & Business owners turn the water supply off in the winter. It can take another 10-15 minutes to find out what they did, get approval to turn it back on and do so.

We relied on garden hoses through the 70's and never since. Fook that shit! :biggrin:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I had a local business owner call me and asked me where I hooked up at her shop to get water. The fact that I knew she was a major bitch, and the fact that it had been over 10 years since I'd cleaned her carpet, left me with no doubt she was trying to pin something on me.

I truthfully told her I carried my own water.

She said nothing. She just hung up on me.

So I figure that wasn't what she wanted to hear.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I don't know how you can hook up a water hose in these cold areas. When I was in Washington State Cleaning, I couldn't stop working or the hose would freeze. That really sucked.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
A lot less than it takes your employees to fill up that tank after work.
Not to talk about cleaning the mold buildup in that tank.
And fixing the transfer pump.
Not to talk about premature wear on your van's engine and body.
Not to mention job loss, as your all mighty employees can't figure out by themselves (or forgotten) how to hook up to a faucet once the water tank pump breaks down.(Yea . Right. They read the manual.)

So how much does it cost you to have a freshie?

Unless, of course you live in freeze land or like Marty not wanting to connect to well water etc.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You have to keep the water flowing or it will freeze. If the water flows you are good but its still a mess rolling them. Especially in the snow, you get all snowy walking in it too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A lot less than it takes your employees to fill up that tank after work.
Not to talk about cleaning the mold buildup in that tank.
And fixing the transfer pump.
Not to talk about premature wear on your van's engine and body.
Not to mention job loss, as your all mighty employees can't figure out by themselves (or forgotten) how to hook up to a faucet once the water tank pump breaks down.(Yea . Right. They read the manual.)

So how much does it cost you to have a freshie?
Hey hey Hey! I thought you said "not to mention". For not mentioning, you sure mentioned it a lot. :winky:

Reactions: ruff and hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom