For you fresh tankless and porty goobers

scotty747

I'm going to build a filtration system that filters from the recovery tank back to the fresh water tank. Sediment filter, to main filter, to two purifying filters. I already have all the filters, just looking for the right pump. This would be a back up to finish the last 5 min of a job. Generally if I wouldn't drink it, I wouldn't use it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if I wouldn't drink it, I wouldn't use it.

g'luck with making that from waste tank carpet nectar .
any system that can do that, will take hours to process enough water for 5 minutes of cleaning

save your time, money and effort, and get you one of these;

1569613810706.png

lta

Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Matt Ross
No. But nothing really is...
Only watch the first 45 seconds.

This seems so easy to me. Seriously think it can save a job. Supply lines are 5 bucks each. Get a variety of sizes.
Like Lee I carry my water but I just watched a video where Mark was almost out of water in his Butler and was sweating it to the end...he made it but barely.

I plumbed with my own service truck 50 hrs a week for 3 years. I promise you after visiting thousands of homes and replacing thousands of supply lines that plenty of them leak if you touch them, there are dozens of combinations within a city block. Like 40 or 50. There are compression ends, iron pipe ends, and both of those in two different sizes. And then they come in different lengths and you often actually need different lengths. This is a horrible idea. Dont touch supply lines if you can avoid it.

randy

Name
Randy
Just use a 100 gallon freshie and by the tank is done, for us oldies, it's time to call it a day :winky:

WOOO wait just a second ! After fifty its 80 gal. Age 60 , sixty gallon.
After age 65, regular trips to Pentecostal healing services with lots of prayer.
Just so you young guys don't feel left out......
After age 45, regular trips to massage therapist (not the jerk joint types, real therapists !) and chiropractor.
Also regular trips to qualified investment counselor so you are saving enough. PLEASE Don't be in this game on a full time basis at age 70.

I ALSO AGREE stay the heck away from supply lines. Don't unscrew that $500 shower head thingy. Leave the washer lines alone. In cleaning dryer vents those stupid steamer lines that run to the dryer are problematic enough. You touch anything and everything that happens for the next 3-5 years is your fault in the customer's mind.

Last edited:
F

FB7777

31 years of bringing my own water to the job site, sure we top off on busy days at customers homes but we always connect outside

If you’re running tankless or potty on residential you’re a fooking handyman with a rug doctor

You should strive to be a professional... I hear there’s money in it

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
If you’re running tankless or potty on residential you’re a fooking handyman with a rug doctor
Funny. I was just looking back because I was asked to do a short presentation in Phoenix and remembered why I needed to do my supply line trick so many times.
I did start exactly like this Radar quote. I was a General Contractor in SB California. Build many homes when I was very young and mostly did home additions and remodels when I got my license.
My first machine was a Rug Doctor. I still have one in the garage...Vibra Vac. Metal flake blue and chrome...beautiful.

The reason I did this supply line hack so often was Santa Barbara back then had one source of water...Lake Cachuma. Sometimes it had a lot of water in it and sometimes it didn't. Water was expensive and people would steal water. The Commercial Building Owners would purposefully disable the outside water sources.

I did a lot of commercial jobs along with the residential ones. My first truck mount was a HydraMaster Bobcat...small truck mount. Then bigger Turbotechs.
I don't think I have ever carried my own water until recently...Saigerized Butler.
I was forced to do it so often that it was routine for me...which is why I didn't understand the resistance from everyone. But I get it now...sorry I mentioned it. Easy though...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
..............which is why I didn't understand the resistance from everyone. But I get it now...sorry I mentioned it. Easy though...

We love a little "controversy" here, Bob, it springs this board alive.

Imagine what will happen if one reveals they don't groom or think the Shark is a POS and Orecks are lint movers.
All hell may break loose.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
See!

Brush is way too aggressive. It damages the carpet's pile, as it pulls too much of the yarn, evidenced by the excessive same as carpet color fluff that is pulled.

Pretty similar to what some Dyson models did.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Looks like it may come in handy on commercial jobs where water sources can vary.
Concept is great, but just measured a couple of fairly typical bathrrom fittings, and both are well over the "one and a smidgeon" inch max height that the gadget can take.
Ah well - No matter it will help fill up our van as a "may come in handy one year tool"
roro

Reactions: Cleanworks

Mikey P

Administrator
2 at your own house or shop?

Is that what you bought it for?

Most apartments and condo faucets are the cheap generics that should fit fine

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
2 at your own house or shop?

Is that what you bought it for?

eat more broccoli
those sardines might be helping your joints, but ain't doing nothing for your brain

here

1569976887702.png

four bukz
fits I/S and O/S threads
will fit 98.2777% of res
and 95.38888% of com

Most apartments and condo faucets are the cheap generics that should fit fine

have a third helping of broccoli
cause 99.88887% of empties I've been in has a washer hook up.
guess what?...you don't need any adapter to hook a garden hose to it

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom