For you Portable users- new from ROTOVAC

Mikey P

Administrator
Rotovac will be introducing an all new portable extractor at the Experience trade show later this month in Las Vegas. The Rotovac Monsoon features the new super high powered ZX vacuum motors producing more than 20% stronger suction than the mytee lx motors. 15 gallon solution tank and 11 gallon recovery tank with auto pump out and 220 PSI..all on two 15-amp amp cords. Weighs only 78 lbs.

Screenshot_20190909-170828.png

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Rotovac will be introducing an all new portable extractor at the Experience trade show later this month in Las Vegas. The Rotovac Monsoon features the new super high powered ZX vacuum motors producing more than 20% stronger suction than the mytee lx motors. 15 gallon solution tank and 11 gallon recovery tank with auto pump out and 220 PSI..all on two 15-amp amp cords. Weighs only 78 lbs.

View attachment 93435
Needs a more powerful pump.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Pshshh... I know exactly how to build one. After three years, lol.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Id like to see the back end of that machine. it looks like the pigtails are by the wheels.
If the pressure regulator is in that area as well, then its may be a poorly designed machine in two ways.
It can be difficult to carry up stairs due to front heavy design and the pigtail can get snagged on the lips of some stairs. it will be even worse if the regulator is by the wheels.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Id like to see the back end of that machine. it looks like the pigtails are by the wheels.
If the pressure regulator is in that area as well, then its may be a poorly designed machine in two ways.
It can be difficult to carry up stairs due to front heavy design and the pigtail can get snagged on the lips of some stairs. it will be even worse if the regulator is by the wheels.
Probably no regulator as it's a 220 psi diaphragm pump. You're right though, designers often give little thought as to how the machine is used in the real world. Small recovery tank compared to the solution tank. When they say 11 gallons, it probably means 8 gallons of actual recovery. The plumbing and shut off valve usually take up a lot of room at the top of the waste tank.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
There's also the part about accessibility of components for repair, placement of components to reduce heat buildup. How quiet or noisy is it.
Is it a 2" connection?

All to be found out once people buy and report.

Why don't you buy one John, so that we can get an honest report :winky:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
There's also the part about accessibility of components for repair, placement of components to reduce heat buildup. How quiet or noisy is it.
Is it a 2" connection?

All to be found out once people buy and report.

Why don't you buy one John, so that we can get an honest report :winky:

I like the weight, but I'd have to pull it up some stairs before It buy it. the psi is ok if used with a 360i RE. It would have to have 2" vac and parallel stacks. but my m-5 is working fine

Reactions: Cleanworks

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
John;

2" stack pipes would not help period. The inlet of the vacuum motors are 1 1/2" and the purpose is to create vacuum inside the recovery tank. Now, there is a couple other ways of accomplishing what I think you were allutting to however I will not elaborate.

Reactions: ruff

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Mikey;

Our largest system (MX-2 JAGUAR ETM) weighs in at approx 112-114 lbs. However, it should not be compared to the 78 lbs they advertise because the MX-2 JAG is totally a different machine with larger more powerful components. Their Aqua-Tec 220 psi pump is a great pump but is very very light plastic headed compared to the metal piston pump and drive motor we use, along with the 8.4 vac motors too. So, are our newer wheels!!! ---They are not the traditional "lawn mower" wheels.

Our MX-CUB is more comparable perhaps: 8 gallon x 300 psi piston pump x 6.6 vac motor @ 59 lbs total.

Ed Valentine
crossamerican.com

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
John;

2" stack pipes would not help period. The inlet of the vacuum motors are 1 1/2" and the purpose is to create vacuum inside the recovery tank. Now, there is a couple other ways of accomplishing what I think you were allutting to however I will not elaborate.

I had porty with 2 vacs in series and a 1.5 port,. it could only handle 25ft of 1.5 hose.
the M-5 - 2 stacks- 2 inch port can handle 50-75ft of vac hose.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
John;

That makes sense, however, from what you stated, the m5 has two stacks and runs the vac's in parallel, correct? If so, that is much different and the reason you can clean at a farther distance. However even if you had two--1 1/2" pipes instead of 2", it would not matter because of the vac motor opening limitations, as long as your machine has a 2" barb for hose.

But, no big deal, you seem very happy with the performance in general and that is most important.

Ed V
crossamerican.com

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
But if you have two 1.5 stacks in parallel , then that equals a 3 going to a 2 port, this setup has great water lift as well as CFM.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I like the weight, but I'd have to pull it up some stairs before It buy it. the psi is ok if used with a 360i RE. It would have to have 2" vac and parallel stacks. but my m-5 is working fine
That pump is exactly what I use in my porty with the 360i.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom