Ford van trans problem

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Van shifts fine. But today it started not pulling. I stop at a traffic light and go to take off and its like its in neutral shift to park and drive twice and it goes in gear. What can it be?

Samsung galaxy S 4

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Van shifts fine. But today it started not pulling. I stop at a traffic light and go to take off and its like its in neutral shift to park and drive twice and it goes in gear. What can it be?

Samsung galaxy S 4

$1500- $2000 The last one I got was a rebuild that was a very good tranny. Don't have them rebuild your existing one.

Ron K

155,000 miles Three Transmissions.... Three set of tires!
E250

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yea, they all go sooner or later. If you have over 100k it's due. Think mine went at 115k paid 1900.

They put mine on a flatbed and took it to the place that builds trans and had them install. Instead of getting a trans and making it fit.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Its the back up van that looks and runs new. 2001 e250 extended. Only has 245, 00 on it! Original trans. Fluid changed every 30k

Samsung galaxy S 4

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Do yourself a favor and buy a Jasper reman. Much much better than your rebuild shop. The warranty is ridiculously good.

I worked for Jasper and have been to their plant many times. They are the best.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Yeah but there like 3, 800! And I can get a rubuild for $1400 with a 3 year and 50k. Warranty not worth it to pay more than the vans probabky worth.

Samsung galaxy S 4

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Oh. And I bought a jasper for an astro once. It lasted 1 year and went out. They wouldnt honor the warranty and it went to the junk yard

Samsung galaxy S 4

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Go to your local NAPA auto parts store. Buy 2 bottles of LUBRGARD - in the RED bottle, only the Red bottle. Dump it in the trans hole, drive the van 5 miles, send me a message of thanks. It will be the best $20 you have ever spent on your van.

View attachment 1982

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
It shifts fine. Just wont pull and u have to shift to park twice then drive and it works. So ill drive it a few days and then go this route with the bottle lol

Samsung galaxy S 4

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I think on my commercial truck it was 6 months and 15,000 miles

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when was the last time the tranny filter was changed.....could be plugged and not allowing the pump to circulate the fluid.......

in the old days a tranny service was to pull pan and replace filter and new fluid.....now they just suck the fluid threw the dip stick holder and then put new in.....

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Well, I had the trans fluid and filter changed today. It was a little plugged. I had valovoline changing it, they dont do the filter. So my trans guy changed it and filter. $89 bucks. The van has a newer machine in it with 500 hours so its not worth getting a new van yet. When the new fords come out ill replace the newer express van.

Samsung galaxy S 4

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Well, I had the trans fluid and filter changed today. It was a little plugged. I had valovoline changing it, they dont do the filter. So my trans guy changed it and filter. $89 bucks. The van has a newer machine in it with 500 hours so its not worth getting a new van yet. When the new fords come out ill replace the newer express van.

Samsung galaxy S 4

AND........is it better......??????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom