Former CD Customer.... or Spy????

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
A Chem-Who customer called and wanted some info based on an ad we run. In the ad it says we get carpets dry in about 2 hours. She was pretty aggressive and the first thing she asked was do we clean carpets like CD or do we get them wet?

I replied that we do offer LMC, but we do not use or recommend it for residential carpets. We DO use truckmount "steam cleaning" but we are able to get the carpets dry in about 2 hours. I was real careful not to say anything negative about CD.

She then "asked" (still aggressive) was it the equipment or the chemicals we use that enables us to get the carpets dry? I told her that it was a combination of specialized equipment and cleaning solutions, as well as methods. She then demanded to know what EXACT kind of equipment and cleaning chemicals we use. I told her that I could not go into it over the phone but would be happy to show her. She says "Well WHY NOT?"

I told her that our competitors keep calling us to find out how we are able to do what we do and that it is a company secret, between us and our customers.

Her demeanor changed instantly and she scheduled an appointment. But the whole thing has left me with a funny feeling, do you think this is just somebody who was brainwashed by lies about HWE, or am I being set up for something?

I plan on going in there armed to the teeth with cornerguards, booties, and air movers, as well as my 14" Greenhorn and 2.5" hose.

Am I just being paranoid or should I be looking for a hidden camera?

Walt

I'm not questioning your two hour dry times but likely she has heard the 2 hour dry time story before. I hear 2 hour dry times from just about every cleaner in this town. I somehow doubt all of them can pull it off.

Likely you are dealing with a little backlash from previous claims.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I hadn't thought of that, but I think I recall her saying she had alwaysused CD before, no griping about bad experiences - and I am sure she would have called me out if she had any.

I have had customers tell me SS told them it would be dry in 2 hours, but it took 2 days. Funny how willing people are to share the "horror" of a bad experience, but how you have to drag it out of them that the last guy actually did a good job, they just wanted to try out somebody cheaper, or were curious if it could be done better.

I think she's a spy...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rhino1 said:
I hadn't thought of that, but I think I recall her saying she had alwaysused CD before,

then it's most likely she's been swayed by a bunch of chem-lies

it's pretty common in my 'hood
Rodney, my local chem-liar tells 'em all kinds of flat out lies

..L.T.A.

Al

I just got a call yesterday from a man asking if we use "dry Chemicals" for cleaning? I said "Well we........" and he snapped "do you use dry chemicals or not". "No sir" Click! :shock:

What exactly are dry chemicals? :oops: Dry foam? Host? Solvents?

Most likely someone who was confused by chem dry

LeeCory

I sure hope you get the carpet dry in 2 hours.

Or this lady is going to drive you crazy.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I've had one who was defensive about what method I used and with persuasion I found out that after using CD for so long the carpet wouldn't clean up.

She was disappointed, frustrated and brainwashed by CD.

I calmed her and told her I would do my absolute best to please her.

Then my analogy about carpet being fabric on the floor and my process being like a wash machine with the carpet barely damp like just out of a washer sold her.

She understood those terms instead of the hype and TeRMiNoLOgY used to confuse by other stupit cleaners.

Prespray
Acid rinse
Vortex
Truckmount

Women don't understand that crap.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No Jimmy

It was your lady killer, heart throb, killer charm that caused her to use your services.

Your animal magnetism over rode all the techy stuff in an instant

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Really Jim?

That's what all the strippers used to say too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom