Fox Truckmounts: Please share experiences

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Fox 🦊 Truckmounts- I haven't read anything much about these. I know they're a small family generation business in West Cali not at any of the tradeshows and not one of the big HM, Legend banner ads Here.
afaik no mikeysfest/board interviews?

I've been interested in these units for the performance (Nissan mass produced industrial emgine@55+hp)
5.9 blower true dual wand
2500psi
FI
Proprietary heat 16+flow

on paper seems like a great alternative to direct drive, or any HM, legend 30+hp, 47blower.
Anyway just seems like a stellar value with what you get. Is the catch that you don't have JonDon at the ready with parts?

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
I love how their truck mounts look. I just read somewhere that they're starting to add on normal size recovery tanks due to the amount of people who are interested in them. If they had a supplier/service location on this side of the country, I would probably be considering one of those as my next tm

Reactions: bmxin

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Fox 🦊 Truckmounts- I haven't read anything much about these. I know they're a small family generation business in West Cali not at any of the tradeshows and not one of the big HM, Legend banner ads Here.
afaik no mikeysfest/board interviews?

I've been interested in these units for the performance (Nissan mass produced industrial emgine@55+hp)
5.9 blower true dual wand
2500psi
FI
Proprietary heat 16+flow

on paper seems like a great alternative to direct drive, or any HM, legend 30+hp, 47blower.
Anyway just seems like a stellar value with what you get. Is the catch that you don't have JonDon at the ready with parts?
The older ones with the same engine as the 405 never heard any complaints.

Never actually seen one running.

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
The guys at Pro line Equipment said they're good But for all around performance/reliability and 18+flow Everest is it.
But my question still stands as I think Fox is a nice $12k discount compared to Legend brand

Reactions: SamIam

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
they just said the overall HX design is better on Everest with standard stainless HX, has a well thought e-idle, and parts are the most extensive with dealers/distributors making the job easier for mechanics.
In terms of suction/pressure both with 4cyl But Fox has big #5.9 blower (65ocfm) and the older Prochem Everest has #4 with 408 cfm. I believe Legend brand upgraded Everest in 18'
The 650HP model though has a nice pump with 5.5gpm/3000psi and the better heat with it

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Is this your first truck mount?
No. Currently have a 2100hr Legend GT.
3 SS HX(not original) With valve completely open can run 6flow with steam all day. Just did a urine flush @750psi and was fire breathing.
The hotbox is set @150 and never dumps.

I have a larger urine job coming up and posed the idea of linking my Mytee air hog as an inline pump out/air boost... but have only got 🦗🦗 responses.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
they just said the overall HX design is better on Everest with standard stainless HX, has a well thought e-idle, and parts are the most extensive with dealers/distributors making the job easier for mechanics.
In terms of suction/pressure both with 4cyl But Fox has big #5.9 blower (65ocfm) and the older Prochem Everest has #4 with 408 cfm. I believe Legend brand upgraded Everest in 18'
The 650HP model though has a nice pump with 5.5gpm/3000psi and the better heat with it
More heat, buy a propane or diesel heater, and save money the difference will buy 5-6 years worth of fuel.

BIG WOOD

The Timminator
Name
Matt w.
No. Currently have a 2100hr Legend GT.
3 SS HX(not original) With valve completely open can run 6flow with steam all day. Just did a urine flush @750psi and was fire breathing.
The hotbox is set @150 and never dumps.

I have a larger urine job coming up and posed the idea of linking my Mytee air hog as an inline pump out/air boost... but have only got 🦗🦗 responses.
Can you take some pics of your setup with those heat exchangers? Seems interesting

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
Can you take some pics of your setup with those heat exchangers? Seems interesting
I have a 13' Legend GT the factory pre heat HX, hx#2, and hx#3 all were copper.
Last year When I took them out to clean&descale I noticed the fins weren't the best looking.
Chuck at Legend said the newest Stainless HX are more durable and retain heat better. The design of Legend gt has HX all right between exhaust and blower with the compact size I always thought it could handle higher than 3 flow.

The SS HX were bought new from JonDon in 23' and while they are 40-50% more $$ than copper the upgrade in Heat is worth it!! If I'm nerding out looking at different TM I'm checking for HX that are Stainless as in why would they bother with copper?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

bmxin

Name
dayvaad
More heat, buy a propane or diesel heater, and save money the difference will buy 5-6 years worth of fuel.
How would that work with the hotbox? I wouldnt do that with Legend gt because it's setup is 🔥 and uses just over 1gallon/hour.

I do own a hydroTek diesel heater I've used this linked to a small 3000psi power washer and it's very fast cleaning for dumpster areas/small walks.
Would be way cool to use as a build kit with Kawasaki Engine, 2500Cat, #5 blower, and 150gallon waste tank...Is it that simple??

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
How would that work with the hotbox? I wouldnt do that with Legend gt because it's setup is 🔥 and uses just over 1gallon/hour.

I do own a hydroTek diesel heater I've used this linked to a small 3000psi power washer and it's very fast cleaning for dumpster areas/small walks.
Would be way cool to use as a build kit with Kawasaki Engine, 2500Cat, #5 blower, and 150gallon waste tank...Is it that simple??
Well you were Talking about an Everest compared to a fox unit, the heat difference and cost difference that's what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom