franchise

GCP

Has anyone franchised there cleaning business, here on mikeysboard? I am now looking in that direction, just wanted to achieve some real stories or advice in that regard.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not really Jay

You site is sure slick. I'll assume you make bank with your existing business and want to share your incredible cleaning and marketing methods.
Do you have systems in place that would "guarantee" my success if I bought a franchise and played by the rules?

Give us your best pitch.

Burtz

on your site there is no mention about the actual process of cleaning so I take it you do bonnet and dry type cleaning?

Burtz

yes extractor wands missed that

more of a marketing company than carpet cleaning

GCP

A FOR SURE CARPET CLEANING COMPANY THAT I MARKET MYSELF.

we all have truck mounts and extractors honest carpet cleaners will advise there clients on which method needs to be used on there clients carpeting.

we all as certified techs have the skills and knowledge to make a simple judgment call , on rather the client needs extractors to be used or either a bonnet method with a buffer.

Burtz

do you use subcontractors or are they real employees

we have another gentlemen here that markets carpet cleaning but uses subs but calls them his techs

GCP

Mikey P said:
Not really Jay

You site is sure slick. I'll assume you make bank with your existing business and want to share your incredible cleaning and marketing methods.
Do you have systems in place that would "guarantee" my success if I bought a franchise and played by the rules?

Give us your best pitch.

im currently doing research and putting together a franchise system for my business but just need to link all the pieces together. which is why I am asking for feedback from anyone with experience in starting a franchise.

p.s. would love to actually have you invest and receive ROI, I am very humble and honest with my business and colleagues, as well as customers.I'm simply trying to ad the final touches by making sure all that buy in will truly benefit, long and short term, pending on there decisions to stay in the industry.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Whole lotta competition out there in the franchise world. Some with really deep pockets, some pretty good and a few with both attributes! There is also an incredible amount of government and legal paperwork with starting up a new franchise organization and a LOT of capital involved. Are you sure you couldn't make more money faster/ easier/ quicker and with less headaches by just ... cleaning carpets???

Steve Toburen
SFS.JonDon.com

PS That being said, becoming a franchise of a good franchise may be the best way to go for some. I analyzed the options a while back for a Tennessee carpet cleaner:

http://sfs.jondon.com/5822/bhc/can-buyi ... t-cleaning

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm thinking one day I will franchise the Rainbow Carpet Cleaning name. There's big money in doing that. A couple of local guys made big money franchising Little Ceasars and Dominos pizza chains. Now they're rich billionaires. I'm still ten years younger than Harland Sanders was when he franchised Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Steve Toburen said:
[quote="Art Kelley":2vyra1rj]I'm thinking one day I will franchise the Rainbow Carpet Cleaning name.
yeah, art, I think the name "Jon-Don" has a ring to it. Maybe a distributorship in every city ...

Steve

PS OR I could keep my life simple ... kinda of a no-brainer for me! 8)[/quote:2vyra1rj]

What's a little court time? Lawyers need some love too.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Your website looks pretty nice. I'd suggest getting an editor. Your grammar is not doing you any favors.

Mine is not great either, but I try to get some help before I publish things.

Take it for what it's worth, ese.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Burtz said:
do you use subcontractors or are they real employees

we have another gentlemen here that markets carpet cleaning but uses subs but calls them his techs

Are they not Technicians?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
Brian R said:
KevinL said:
not trained and supervised by you, the owner.

I deg to biffer.
Boys, boys, boys. That is the beauty of capitalism. Over the long term the marketplace always sorts things out. If Brian's business model is "wrong" he will go broke and deservedly so. If it is "right" (and he doesn't screw it up) Brian will retire wealthy and deservedly so. Simple.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve "I'm no guru" Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS OR we could settle things between you two the old fashioned way- three rounds of cage fighting in Nashville. Of course, Kevin, you may need to get in line.

timnelson

Jay,
The lack of a physical address on your website is (to me) a potentially BIG red flag when it comes to getting others to buy in. Great comments from Steve and Jeremy.

GCP

Im not trying to get anyone to buy into anything, i simply asked a question.(which was has anyone started a franchise with there business).Also if you did look up my site you should of seen my GOOGLE PLACES AD, with the physical address. possibly more address from colleagues.

p.s. thanks for your insight though.

Name
I'm Rick James
Hey Jay, how long you been in business for yourself? Whats the established date for GCP?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steve Toburen said:
http://www.SFS.JonDon.com[/url]

PS OR we could settle things between you two the old fashioned way- three rounds of cage fighting in Nashville. Of course, Kevin, you may need to get in line.[/quote:2gdndzxi]

LOL, I'm a lover not a fighter...anymore. :mrgreen:

Jay, when you franchise...how will you structure it? Will you have all the equipment in the deal? Just your name? Anywhere in between all that?

I have what I call Mini Franchises. I basically rent my company name, image and marketing to other people who are either looking to get another source of income or carpet cleaners looking to capture more of their market share....whether that be high end, low end or in between.

Some guys just want to clean and don't want to market their company so I've found ways to help with that on different levels.
I can list their own website on www.networkhomeservices.com or they can use the Mini Franchise for the whole Enchilada.

I also sub to carpet cleaners in my areas. I've only done marketing for the past 2 years or so until just recently where I bought some Low Moisture carpet cleaning equipment and clean a few choice jobs here and there. I was getting board and needed some exercise. lol

GCP

I did not asked to be critiqued on my methods, website or business. I simply asked if anyone has franchised their cleaning business. I am very open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and if anyone has any suggestions or grammatical errors to point out feel free to send me a message to let me know.

Clearly this topic and my business brought some negative comments/thoughts. We are all in the same industry and each have our own methods and beliefs. I was under the impression that this community was for us to all support and help one another. If anyone has any positive input I would love to hear it.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Name
Steve Toburen
GCP said:
I did not asked to be critiqued on my methods, website or business... I was under the impression that this community was for us to all support and help one another.

Uhhhh, Jay, you do know that this is Mikeysboard, right? What did you expect?

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually there is a lot of good stuff delivered by a lot of caring people on here. But the soap opera and daily drama is what keeps people hooked on MB!

GCP

Thank you so much Brian. :-)

I haven't decided yet on how I want to structure the business into becoming a franchise. If I DO franchise I can go in either direction. Thanks for the information I am going to take a look at your site to see what your mini franchises are all about.

GCP

Steve :lol:

Thanks bro appreciate that. Was just taken a little off guard, you know I am actually new to mikeysboard but can respect and appreciate your message of advice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom