“Free carpet cleaning for the tenants”

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The local district manager, who's the boss over the property manager here, just shot down my plan:( and said she'll just "pass around my business cards" to the other complexes. That's bullshit. That's not my plan. She didn't even let the property manager discuss my maintenance plan, nor did she let me sit down with her and present it myself. Both the property manager and me is pissed off.

But...there's another ideal brewing. They're having an expo, similar to the expos we attend, where all the property managers of this company (300 of them) and the CEO etc. attend this expo, and I think the venders are welcome to attend. I was told from one of my good buddies on here that the chances of getting my point across to the right person are slim to none.

But the main reason I want to go is to go higher than the district manager and show her that she's a very little person to whom I'll be speaking to. And she'll realize that I'm more than just a rug sucker when she she's how professional I present this program to them when I show them the numbers.

I'm not asking for any advice or opinions. I'm just blowing some smoke right now. But feel free to make fun of me. It'll just fire me up more and give me fuel to the fire:evil: so I'll present the program better:evil:

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If you cant get the 1st plumber you call you just call the next... same same
Not saying don't go but PROFESSIONALISM either real or perceived wins the day

keep ur powder dry

1 door opens

have a beer

:biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD
F

FB7777

I’m trying to get excited, and you seem to be enjoying popping my bubble.

If I buy another tm, it’ll be 3 months from now after I train someone.
It's not an attempt to burst a bubble

You are contemplating a move to double your business on the back of a property manager and adding a major expense in the process

You will feel like their employee,

You will be tethered to their every demand

You will be fired

The naysayers have been there and done that

Ease into a relationship one additional property at a time

And be prepared for the breakup call

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ease into a relationship one additional property at a time
This is your better plan. Court each manager. make your pitch, plan on several visits and if you think its possible don't give up keep pursuing it. (It will at least keep you busy and we won't have to listen to these idiotic posts.) :winky:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Matt, That sucks man.

I operate on the theory, "Be so good their forced to notice you." Eventually they will come around. But man, do you really want apartments as your backbone? I just picked up another 100+ unit complex and I'm not at all happy about it. But it's one of those situations where they heard about me due to me being the URINE-ATOR, a repair guy, and professional.

My largest customer now manages over 9,000 homes. They use me exclusively. This has put me in a bad position should they decide to go somewhere else. I don't like this at all. I clean for about 5 PM companies now and I'm grateful for the work, but I'm always building my book of business. I can't relax ever.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Now I’m really pissed. Thanks for the encouragement

Matt, That sucks man.

I operate on the theory, "Be so good their forced to notice you." Eventually they will come around. But man, do you really want apartments as your backbone? I just picked up another 100+ unit complex and I'm not at all happy about it. But it's one of those situations where they heard about me due to me being the URINE-ATOR, a repair guy, and professional.

My largest customer now manages over 9,000 homes. They use me exclusively. This has put me in a bad position should they decide to go somewhere else. I don't like this at all. I clean for about 5 PM companies now and I'm grateful for the work, but I'm always building my book of business. I can't relax ever.

Apartments as a backbone? NOT AT ALL! The backbone of my business is everywhere my box truck goes. A separate van and a tech will take on this contract. It's more of a steady income branch that'll be added to the business. When the weeks get slow, the apartments will still be coming in.

What you guys aren't understanding is, empty apartments are perfect for a new tech. Low risk, no distractions, and perfect training to put a new employee. Also, there's the steady income to help build the capital $cushion$.

I wasn't ever thinking this was gonna be the backbone, root of the business. Just a branch to help build the tree that'll one day turn into something that I can sell to another business, or pass down to the boy. Steady business is priceless. And yes, there will be profit or I won't do it.

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And Damon, I still can't understand why you aren't selling that time bomb in your old van and putting a little tm in there to do apartments only. Fire that stupid office lady, and use your money to pay a tech. YOu'll have more time to answer the phone and do whatever BS with the www that she does.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
And Damon, I still can't understand why you aren't selling that time bomb in your old van and putting a little tm in there to do apartments only. Fire that stupid office lady, and use your money to pay a tech. YOu'll have more time to answer the phone and do whatever BS with the www that she does.
Get off my lawn!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The local district manager, who's the boss over the property manager here, just shot down my plan:( and said she'll just "pass around my business cards" to the other complexes. That's bullshit. That's not my plan. She didn't even let the property manager discuss my maintenance plan, nor did she let me sit down with her and present it myself. Both the property manager and me is pissed off.

But...there's another ideal brewing. They're having an expo, similar to the expos we attend, where all the property managers of this company (300 of them) and the CEO etc. attend this expo, and I think the venders are welcome to attend. I was told from one of my good buddies on here that the chances of getting my point across to the right person are slim to none.

But the main reason I want to go is to go higher than the district manager and show her that she's a very little person to whom I'll be speaking to. And she'll realize that I'm more than just a rug sucker when she she's how professional I present this program to them when I show them the numbers.

I'm not asking for any advice or opinions. I'm just blowing some smoke right now. But feel free to make fun of me. It'll just fire me up more and give me fuel to the fire:evil: so I'll present the program better:evil:
I think it's a waste of time Matt. You are better off just doing such good work at a reasonable price that they can't help but call you. Reasonable, not cheap. I have quite a few apartment buildings. Not only do I do the suites .but I do the hallways as well. Average $150 per suite for aprox 1 hr. work. They use me because I show up on time, the carpets look good and I solve their problems. No contract, I'm always only as good as my last job. Some buildings and property mgr. Have been using me for over 20 years.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
@Matt Wood What you are planning is something that a larger company like CJ's could possibly do. With that many complexes what is there turnover percentage each month. Could you in one week cover their turn over, even with a dedicated van? This not about what you are wanting to do it is about what they are needing done. When someone moves out they want that unit ready to go ASAP. They will not want to wait until the end of the month to have it done. I am just discussing turnover percentage what you are proposing will increase the number of jobs each month. If they go into a contract with you it will tie their hands on getting the units done by someone else within time window. If they are highering another company to handle the moveouts, why would they not just have them do a maintenance job also?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
@Matt Wood What you are planning is something that a larger company like CJ's could possibly do. With that many complexes what is there turnover percentage each month. Could you in one week cover their turn over, even with a dedicated van? This not about what you are wanting to do it is about what they are needing done. When someone moves out they want that unit ready to go ASAP. They will not want to wait until the end of the month to have it done. I am just discussing turnover percentage what you are proposing will increase the number of jobs each month. If they go into a contract with you it will tie their hands on getting the units done by someone else within time window. If they are highering another company to handle the moveouts, why would they not just have them do a maintenance job also?
Yes, my plan on this proposal was to dedicate a van with one, maybe two techs on all these complexes.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yes, my plan on this proposal was to dedicate a van with one, maybe two techs on all these complexes.
Matt, if you want to expand, maybe think about a property services company. One company who will clean up the suite, remove the trash, clean the carpets, blinds, drapes. Paint and do minor repairs, etc. There are some property mgrs. Who would like to make one phone call to get everything done. Some work you may have to subcontract out.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, if you want to expand, maybe think about a property services company. One company who will clean up the suite, remove the trash, clean the carpets, blinds, drapes. Paint and do minor repairs, etc. There are some property mgrs. Who would like to make one phone call to get everything done. Some work you may have to subcontract out.
I just turned down something similar to that from one of my customers who owns dozens of slum houses.

I tried the multiple services route, and I really didn’t like it. My business has grown so fast ever since I simplified it into carpet only. Some people are good at doing that kind of work. Me?? Not really so

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom