freeflow and the Judson

G

C Pennington said:
My wimpy 45 can do a one swipe buy on occasion it takes two on something disgusting... but I see your point...on second thought if it takes two swipes to clean as good as one and its equally "clean"..LMAO .. hmmm...better? Nope!!!....,production wise yes.

If you dont dual a wand a vOrTex is a waste of cabbage,.

HOW LONG IS A CARPET FIBER?????????????????????

thats what I been saying , leave production out of this discussion . Its all about final results .
I cant believe how many guys insist the vortex will outclean another tm .

Now if the topic was outperform , then production would fair game .

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
single wand....pimped Powermatic..
I'll suck your eyeballs out with 2.5" Greenie cleansweep port mounted on the waste tank lid.
and melt off flesh off your bones with my kero burner

i pity the foo...

In principle , there's only so much air that can be sucked thru a wand at a set HG.
I believe any #4 blower can achieve CFM beyond the physical capacity that can flow thru a glided wand

However, I've never run a V in the "real" world
Only played with a couple, so i won't pretend to know any better

but i say BRING IT ON!

THIS IS THE KIND OF PARTY I LIKES, BABY....

..L.T.A.

G

Mikey P said:
I have a pimped PM2100 and a pimped

V..

Close but no cigar.
Some of us think "you" are a PIMP : :lol:
PS- no Larry,your PM is probably similar,but the newer ones might go a little higher

joe harper

Name
joe harper
*********************SIZE MATTERS**********************

We run a new Everest 650 HP in a 12ft. custom box / NPR.........

5 to the door/2.5 in. w/ 2in. whip.... Greenie pimped ti wand 2 hr. dry times max!!!!!!!!!!

I run 3 man crew on this unit..."We fan dry every job "Extra man vacs. & hustles fans."

This set-up will compete with any VVVVVVVVVVVVV."Yes we dual wand when nessary"

You have to admit.....There is CLEAN....And then there is the perception of CLEAN...
In the last 8 months 95% of our clients request that we bring the BIG TRUCK.........
Our other units are Butlers with Max air packages.. These units do a Great job...BUT
they are in GMC vans. Since almost all of our cleints are women....I have come to the
conclusion they are ALL SIZE QUEENS.....

Do to change in the PERCEPTION of CLEAN that my clients are requesting a BIGGER unit,
I have traded one of the Butlers units for a 16ft NPR last week.....I am installing my PC
405 into it & they will SURELY rave at how much better it cleans than those LITTLE VANS?????

Able 1

Name
Keith
Bet you with that box truck he gets the same walk up as a V. :wink:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is all about production and being efficient and what your machine and set up can handle.....

I can only compare mine to a few other machines...not some of the ones others have mentioned..

it is not just about the heat...but..can it maintain it...the other machines I have tried (one I owned and one I was using and testing ) gave me good heat but once you started working it would lose the heat and have trouble maintaining it and keep up...

The cleaning is total different...( for example)...you could not take a CDS and set it at 450 PSI...take a high flow wand and clean with out having to do many dry strokes...With the Vortex you can set it at 500 PSI and do 1/4 of the work in much less time and still have drier carpets....

With other units after about 250 you start losing vacuum....With the Vortex I have pulled 350 ..and yes it did lose some vacuum ..but I still had more then what the other units were producing at a shorter run...Not to mention I was farming out thousands of dollars a month because my other machine did not have the hose or the room to carry enough to reach some of the places I was called out to do...Now I pocket that money instead of giving it away...

Then there are all of the little things that add up...like not having to hook up to homes all day long or worrying about having to dump after a few good size jobs ........If you are running a tight schedule..things like this add up in production....

No matter what machine you use..in the end it is the guy who is pushing the wand that makes the difference..I have said this forever.....I would think that we are all smart enough to know that chemicals and heat are really the 2 biggest keys to a good cleaning.... But..never underestimate the machine at the other end of the hose........IMO you make your money with efficiency..quality and production...and until you really run one of these it is hard to see that...I told Marty that when he first got his and he kept questioning me on it...I told him after he ran it for awhile he would understand...From reading his post up top it looks like he got it....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
HARPER said:

I run 3 man crew on this unit..."We fan dry every job "Extra man vacs. & hustles fans."

Did you ever consider the fact that when your "Big truck" arrives, Mrs Queen sees 3 men get out, a totally different hose set up and operation involved in the clean, than when she sees the "Little truck" arrive and one man gets out.
"Perception" of clean, yeah, I would think there was a difference too!!

Pull up in your van, have 3 men arrive, one cal drive his personal car if need be, run 4 to the door, greenhorn, fan it dry.
Pull your big truck up and have ONE man get out, just like your vans, try this on a new client. Bet she'll be asking for the "little truck".

Its "your" perception of clean and the image you are putting into the clients mind.

MOst of the soil needs to be removed dry anyway, has nothing to do with the big toy in the driveway, whatever the size.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Average hose runs on residentials are 85'-120'.

You guys are a trip.

I have all the heat I could ever want when cleaning, even when dual wanding. But I do have that small Astro van, and an even smaller truckmount which only uses 15 amps of electricity, and it's just too quiet when it's running, so I guess I am so far out of your leagues it isn't even funny.

I guess I really haven't been cleaning well all these years, and our customers keep calling us back because they know someday we'll show up with that V or AT they've been wanting to see in their driveway.

Oh, and I guess Coit Houston, who has 2 of my electric truckmounts in their arsenal of 37 cleaning vans/trucks, didn't let me know that the 2 Savage E-BEAST machines that they own clean better than their Hydramaster CDS units, and are being used by their 2 top technicians.

I drove 150 miles yesterday. I used 1/8-1/4 of a tank of gas, and cleaned some really filthy carpet in 3 empties, with superb results (including candle wax removed with simply a few wand passes and no chemicals).

Carry on.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Bob, There are several different business models operating in the carpet cleaning industry today.We run a 50/50 split commercial and residential. I have one account were we set up 14 stories at a regional health system. We can run hose runs up to 500 ft. The vacuum and pressure drop at these lengths is considerable, which is the reason for the purchases of the Vortex's. I have been cleaning carpet for 32 yrs. full time and think that I am entitled to voice an opinion based on that level of experience. By the way our sales are up 40% this year to date because of our commitment to top quality work and equipment.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Trying to explain to a TM owner the advantages of upgrading to a V is like trying to tell a porty (or electric TM owner) the advantages of upgrading to a TM.

Some things just have to be learned by experience, and bought on faith.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ron Werner said:
HARPER said:

Did you ever consider the fact that when your "Big truck" arrives, Mrs Queen sees 3 men get out, a totally different hose set up and operation involved in the clean, than when she sees the "Little truck" arrive and one man gets out.
"Perception" of clean, yeah, I would think there was a difference too!!

Pull up in your van, have 3 men arrive, one cal drive his personal car if need be, run 4 to the door, greenhorn, fan it dry.
Pull your big truck up and have ONE man get out, just like your vans, try this on a new client. Bet she'll be asking for the "little truck".

Its "your" perception of clean and the image you are putting into the clients mind.

MOst of the soil needs to be removed dry anyway, has nothing to do with the big toy in the driveway, whatever the size.

Wrong. Women do notice the machine. it is a myth that women don't notice "technical" things or don't care for big, scary machines. in fact it's not just a myth it's BS. They do notice and they do care. HOWEVER, there are other factors they consider equally if not more important and the skill, thoroughness and demeanor of the tech(s) will be a big factor, they are also more likely to look less closely at the equipment if the company has been referred by a friend or family. You can still do great with a small truck/machine, but having a big one never hurts and often helps.

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thank You Lisa,

I agree with you it is BS.....Our female cleints know good service when they
see it....They are 95% of our total revenue & if they want a bigger truck thats
what they will get!!! Heaven forbid...you send the BIG truck to Mrs. Jones home,
and a Perfectly good van to her neighbor that she has reffered to you.

I think we can all agree that good cleaning procedures...will always win-out over
Hacks with MAMMOTH cleaning machines.

PS Lisa I have a good freind that is a GENIUS at web design...He built my site in
1 day & had it up & running in 3 days. If you would like to a do TRADE for supplies
I will have him hook you up with a GREAT site. call me 352-588-2499.

pss Best of luck to both you & Jeff in all of your new endevors !!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT MY SITE... WWW.HARPERSCARPET.COM

G

Everyone has different needs , guys that have fleets of vortex better produce , because their expenses are a lot higher than a guy running a smaller tm.

Vortex are set up for production no doubt . But everyones business model does not require a Vortex . Maybe the Vortex saves you time , no doubt , but the expenses to run are smaller and the end results will be the same depending on the operator .

Now abou this deep cleaning , superior results the V gets - why the need for the 175 if the Vortex is so superior ??? 90 G's and you still need a 175 to get all the dirt out ??

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Same reason you can power wash a car and still be able to wipe dirt off it if you didn't agitate it prior.

Blue Monarch said:
Same reason you can power wash a car and still be able to wipe dirt off it you didn't agitate it prior.

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!

gsm_win1.png

G

So 90 g's and you still need a little extra to get them clean .

Evidently , the V needs that little extra to clean a little deeper . Its ok , I use one occeasional too , I just dont have a 90 g rig out side while I do it , or that huge lease ( albatross) outside .

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
James, After I sold my butler's which were paid off long ago, I bought the V's and my purchase cost was less than the butler cube I bought in 06. So don't put everyone in the same game :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm betting James is a one man show.

He works in the deep south so I can assume he does not get more than .25 a foot tops to clean carpet.

So he probably brings in $300 to $600 a day.

I wouldn't want a V either.

His lame argument that a 90k TM should not need pre scrubbing most likely comes from Nick.

Agitation is needed with any and all methods when dealing with DIRTY carpet.

Extra/excess heat and flow will not over come that basic rule.

James knows that but he enjoys being a dick here.

It must really be a bitch being a born again asshole and hanging out on ***.

but then again one good phony deserves another.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom