Friction burn line removed from glue down carpet

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for the video, I'd like to see it in action. :winky:

Wonder how a Sprayborg would go with weights??

I rarely see this problem anymore, but it's good to know, I might do a test on some poly carpet I have at home.

Thanks again.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How long did you work on those friction burns? I've come across a lot of those in apt and condo hallways. Seems with the right equipment, you can make quite the difference.

Mikey P

Administrator
How long did you work on those friction burns? I've come across a lot of those in apt and condo hallways. Seems with the right equipment, you can make quite the difference.

Upon serious deep introverted thought and a preponderance of calculation, I would speculate that I dallied for 30 to 40 exasperating minutes on this effort, my verbose compadre to the north..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I doubt my sprayborg would have such a dramatic effect. I don't think I have enough weight and it doesn't have the same level of agitation as the Trinity but I will play around with it next time I come across one. I wonder if a damp red pad would be more effective?

Mikey P

Administrator
I doubt my sprayborg would have such a dramatic effect. I don't think I have enough weight and it doesn't have the same level of agitation as the Trinity but I will play around with it next time I come across one. I wonder if a damp red pad would be more effective?
That's quite possible, Robert Atlas told me he's had success using a pumice stone but boy that's a lot of work on your hands and knees

Mikey P

Administrator
Awesome!!!!
We all see those. I wonder, if one of those pads that are like the magic erasers would work for this???

NOW----- I want to see you rub out one of those iron burns!!!lOL!:icon_razz::icon_razz:

I like the magic eraser bonnet pads would just get shredded make a huge mess but it is possible

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I don;t think it was a friction burn(melted fibers), probably a dragged garbage bag. Only one line, no way to drag a couch that far on one leg. Sorry to burst your hero status today........

Mikey P

Administrator
I don;t think it was a friction burn(melted fibers), probably a dragged garbage bag. Only one line, no way to drag a couch that far on one leg. Sorry to burst your hero status today........

You fn people...

You think I can't tell a friction burn from a drink drip?

Maybe I'll go tell the guys who caused it and confessed that the sofa must have "leaked"...

SMFFH...

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Mikey's thoughts: "Fook! I thought they'd never notice that after dumbass Matt wanted me to dumb it down!"

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Got it looking fine and they’ll never know. Saved the carpet and the janitor’s bacon.

But I’m still trying to figure out the extra F in SMFFH; most of my guesses would get me rafted.

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You fn people...

You think I can't tell a friction burn from a drink drip?

Maybe I'll go tell the guys who caused it and confessed that the sofa must have "leaked"...

SMFFH...

Reminds me of a WDR job I did many years ago, where water had leaked onto a leather lounge, we were called in to restore the leather lounge.

The 3 seat sofa was sitting on a blanket on polished timber floors.

I laid the sofa on it's back & removed the blanket.

One timber leg was missing with two nails hanging out & scratches all over the floor.

We completed the job & two days later, I got a call from the assessor telling me that the insured was demanding that I have all the timber floors sanded & polished due to my scratching them.

I sent him the photos that I took, which he then relayed to the client.

She then blamed her son.

CUSTARDS NEVER LIE. 🤔 :winky::icon_rolleyes:

Personally, I still cannot see melted plastic fibers being restored, and the pile being raised to hide the friction burn marks.
Just my honest opinion.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom