fringe cleaner

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Im out of rx fringe cleaner and I have a wool rug I need to finish and the fringe looks bad. The fringe is trashed and has some browning that doesn't want to move. What else can I use?

Thank you

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I would give some hatian cotton shampoo a try if you happen to have that lying around. I'm assuming you have a cotton fringe. The reducers would defanlty help with the browning. Also if you have any oxidizer, you could try mixing up a solution of a rug shampoo of choice and a couple of ounces of a powdered oxidizer or Hydrogen peroxide. Spray liberally and extract with water. Dry quickly. Maybe shawn can confirm this but the reason I believe they use potassium carbonate in rx vs. sodium carbonate is the reactivity available. Potassium is more reactive and thus works a bit quicker in the oxidation process. Thus the oxygen for the oxidation is avaible quicker and thus less dwell time is needed to complete the reaction.

G

I would use hydrogen peroxide and an acid side shampoo a bucket and brush (not horse hair hp damages it) accelerate drying. I would not be afraid to go higher than 3% HP on white fringe. And in all my years have never had to overly protect the rug. I just apply to the fringe and any incedental contact with the rug has never caused me any problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom