Frozen Truckmount ?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
rwcarpet said:
everfresh1 said:
I joys of winter :roll: Since I don't have fresh water tanks, I have to hook up to water. Yesterday last job of the day, I normally hook up outside even in the winter I carry a small torch to heat up frozen faucets but since the guy left his hose on the thing it was rock solid The costumer offered to let me hook up inside so I did. I ran hot water through it, I figured it would help keep it from freezing, The damm thing sprung a leak srayed water all over the guys dinning room. By the time I cleaned up and hooked up another hose I was froze up, Couldn't even finish the job :x First time I've ever gotten frozen while in use.

Hey, Jamie.....I find a gallon of hot water poured slowly over a frozen spigot will thaw it quickly......plus no fire hazzard from hidden insulation behind the spigot using the torch???

Yea I've done the hot water thing. But when its as cold as it was yesterday, It'doesn't work that well. The water would freeze almost instantly. Yes you have to be careful with the torch keep it at the end of the faucet the heat travels through the metal pipes. Not many people with plastic and never missed up the faucet. You can't use it on faucets with plastic handles though. The heat gun is a idea the only thing is you need electrcity with it.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
This is the weather in Cold Lake today. Cleaned a quirky 3 story townhouse. You walked into it at ground level and then walked up a full flight of stairs to get into the living area. Little electric heater for the mini foyer never had a chance. My GH stair tool lost more and more vacuum the closer I got to the bottom stair, darn thing was freezing up on me.

IMG_5536.jpg

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
For the guys who have insulated their vans with foam insulation.. what type and what type of glue or adhesive to you use? I was going to head to Lowes or Home Cheapo tomorrow and get some. Any advise or suggestions would help me save wandering the isles.

Thanks,
Bill

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
WJMorgan3 said:
For the guys who have insulated their vans with foam insulation.. what type
Unfortunately, nobody answered that question. Has anyone insulated their van with foam board insulation

Lowes had some real thick stuff looked to be 1.5 inches thick, some other stuff maybe 3/4 in. These appeared too thick to bend to the curve of the van wall without breaking and allow foam adhesive to secure it. They also had some thinner stuff, 1/4 or 3/8 in or slightly more.. very flexible but with a lower insulating factor.. it had a foil skin on one side. Is this going to be too thin to adaquately insulate the van? Should I apply two layers?

As far as foam adhesives, they had several but none that said they could be applied to metal. I did find some Gorilla Glue that could be used for foam materials and metal so I may try that.

Thanks,
Bill

T

The Magician

The problem is your leaving your solution line in the cold too long. Flush the lines to get hot & Solution line out last and put in first.

HEY MEAT:::::: Your ever check your Pm?? Sent you one a long time ago.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The Magician said:
The problem is your leaving your solution line in the cold too long. Flush the lines to get hot & Solution line out last and put in first.

HEY MEAT:::::: Your ever check your Pm?? Sent you one a long time ago.

I didn't see it if you did, Jimmy.
I'll take a look ..til then send another....hope you didn't need an urgent response LOL

..L.T.A.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
The Magician said:

I don't have any problems with my solution lines freezing...I bring my lines, tools, spray jugs inside at night because even with running an electric heater with a furniture blanket over it the machine it's not enough to keep the entire van warm.

Maybe I have a different thread in mind about insulating vans for winter.. I'll look again.
Thanks,

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When it gets that Low Jim you don't need to convert much.

Here we had a high of 8C, low of 4C, thats 46 and 39. Getting warmer next year.

Why not try this. Run two lines to the house, one line flowing IN to the house, the other line flowing OUT to the truck, have it recirculating back to the freshwater or mix tank. Have enough hose to run to the front door, then run a line off that into the house. You'll have really hot water in thehouse then. Might have to use a smaller line running back to the truck to keep your pressure up when you key the wand.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
adapters will also hookup to the neck for a shower head if u get desperate,just remove the shower head

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom