Fuel gauge on Jr's Transit taint right..

Mikey P

Administrator
It was showing 1/3rd full yesterday when they unit shut down to what he thought was a full waste tank...

Long story short, I think he needs to carry a gallon of gas with him in the truck.

Whats the safest can for doing so inside the van?

Mikey P

Administrator
Is it possible the fuel pickup line isn't on the bottom?
My distributor always weights down the end so the line would sink down.

yeah who the hell wants it all the way down then you run out of gas in the customer's driveway with no fuel left over to drive to the gas station I thought every truck mount with a slide in with set up to run out at about a quarter of a tank leaving you plenty that's how my Transit is and there's a little bit of wiggle room but certainly not at 1/3 like he experience yesterday I wouldn't have believed them if he hadn't showed me the gauge in a video call

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
yeah who the hell wants it all the way down then you run out of gas in the customer's driveway with no fuel left over to drive to the gas station I thought every truck mount with a slide in with set up to run out at about a quarter of a tank leaving you plenty that's how my Transit is and there's a little bit of wiggle room but certainly not at 1/3 like he experience yesterday I wouldn't have believed them if he hadn't showed me the gauge in a video call
Mine will suck it dry if not careful. Haven’t run out yet, but came close.

steve_64

My fuel gage hasn't worked in a couple years. Ran out of gas once.

The butler I try and not to let it get below half.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I extended the fuel tap line to the bottom of the van's tank many years ago. If the slide-in empties the tank, I'm dead in the water. But, I have a fuel gage in my instrument cluster. I have never run out of gas. I prefer the convenience of a 33.33 percent greater fuel capacity (figuring the fuel tap accessing only 3/4 of the tank), over a failsafe feature that requires a lot of wasted time, in the form of extra fuel stops, to maintain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom