Fuel gauge on Jr's Transit taint right..

Name
Lee Stockwell
I ran out on a huge project downtown, parked nose down in a very visible spot. Embarrassing. Had to call for a can of gas. After machine died not enough to start the truck either.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I always look at the van fuel gauge in the morning before the first job, and at the end of the day when heading back to the shop, and top off accordingly. I also calculate distances to each job when looking at the fuel gauge and then may stop in-between jobs. I have yet to run out of gas in 34 years of doing this. The same goes for my belly-mount propane tanks.

My fuel pickup goes to the bottom of the tank with my slide in, and in my ETM, to just less than a quarter tank.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
If you two can't spend 4 minutes in the morning or evening to put gas in your van, you my friend are not a 1% er.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

what is the big deal of carrying spare fuel in a jerry can as they are intended?

I have a 20 litre tote like pretty much every carpet cleaner in australasia as most our vans are diesel and our TM's run off the tote

FredC

Village Idiot

what is the big deal of carrying spare fuel in a jerry can as they are intended?

I have a 20 litre tote like pretty much every carpet cleaner in australasia as most our vans are diesel and our TM's run off the tote

Inside the passenger compartment isn't as they are intended

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Inside the passenger compartment isn't as they are intended
passenger compartment is open to interpretation (sp doesn't look right?) its a commercial vehicle not a passenger vehicle, our laws change between the two. I have a fixed factory barrier between the front and back which changes the legal requirements again

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
So what was the cause?
electrical fault, driving along and my doors locked and abs light came on... hmm? looked through window between front and back to see an orange flickering glow :eekk:

pulled over and couldn't open back doors (electric locks) jammed fire extinguisher nozzle in door and emptied it which put out the obvious flames

2k damage from fire 35k from fire brigade

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
electrical fault, driving along and my doors locked and abs light came on... hmm? looked through window between front and back to see an orange flickering glow :eekk:

pulled over and couldn't open back doors (electric locks) jammed fire extinguisher nozzle in door and emptied it which put out the obvious flames

2k damage from fire 35k from fire brigade
Scary stuff. I have used propane and portable gas tanks for years with no problems. Hearing your story , i want just a bare bones van without those extras

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
yeah the cops were considering laying charges for traffic disruption etc

"local law" we are allowed to carry 50 litres of combined hazardous chemicals as "goods of the trade" without needing dangerous goods license I came in at 30 litres so got a written recommendation etc

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Scary stuff. I have used propane and portable gas tanks for years with no problems. Hearing your story , i want just a bare bones van without those extras
It's part of the reason I'm looking at a 370 or 423, not because I see fuel burners as inheritantly dangerous but they are something else that can go wrong among multiple things

and I wouldnt mind the space back, but I do like the heat..

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's part of the reason I'm looking at a 370 or 423, not because I see fuel burners as inheritantly dangerous but they are something else that can go wrong among multiple things

and I wouldnt mind the space back, but I do like the heat..
you lose some heat with a small slide in but still very useable. Less problems with ends blowing off, leaving welts on carpet, etc. You get very useable heat but have to learn to manage it. Much safer and with todays chemistry your results will be the same. High heat can be addictive, you get used to the clouds of steam and seeing the dirt just melt away but it comes at a price. My back up unit is a Hydramaster cds in a Chevy Astro van. The heat ranges between 190-205 f. Not great but I find I can clean just as well as my propane unit.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
you lose some heat with a small slide in but still very useable. Less problems with ends blowing off, leaving welts on carpet, etc. You get very useable heat but have to learn to manage it. Much safer and with todays chemistry your results will be the same. High heat can be addictive, you get used to the clouds of steam and seeing the dirt just melt away but it comes at a price. My back up unit is a Hydramaster cds in a Chevy Astro van. The heat ranges between 190-205 f. Not great but I find I can clean just as well as my propane unit.
I know everyone thinks the Bane blows, and it would using it as a #fake cds🤷🏼‍♂️ But when I use it as a porty with my propane heater, it smokes. Is it a 370, it’s not even a 3.2. But Looks like Mike’s 370 has all the heat he needs when he needs it🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Wow, 35k? Does your insurance pay that😳😬
yeah was covered under insurance

the cops who attended were shaking their heads, they're only allowed to do wilful damage if a life is immediately threatened but firebrigade run outside that.. they decided to run a training exercise and put the "fire" out 3x

Back
Top Bottom