Fuel Pump ?

clean one

My Judson unit has a elec fuel pump, i'm sure its like most 2.5 psi pumps. But i put a new one on in June.
Well today it quit again i seen some of the inside coating the tar looking stuff had leaked out of the bottom of the unit. Could i have just gotten a bad pump? or something else wrong

BTY the one on my nitro has been on there since 1992 go figure

Thanks

omar

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sounds to me like you are having more of a electrical problem instead of a pump problem....

how hot did it get...is it fused...12 volt is not forgiving if it is wrong....

clean one

Jim i have no idea if it is fused, i didn't hook it up i'm thinking its been this way since it was installed in the trailer. I haven't put a volt meter on the battery to ck the voltage.
But if it is over charging wouldn't it cook the battery too

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I could be a few things if it is a electrical problem....but a battery probably would not be the problem because it would of cooked everything between it and the pump first....
bad ground and it is heating up....inadequate wire and it has to draw its power to hard and it is heating up...it has been running since June so I would think it has been running hot for awhile and finally cooked it....things like this are hard to trouble shoot with out standing there hands on....I could be totally off base but here are a few things I would check .......

start with checking the ground.( should be a black wire) make sure it is connected real good.and that it is clean...check all the connections and make sure none of them are lose....lose and dirty connections cause more problems and fires....
look real good at the wires and see if the sheathing looks wrinkled...if it is then that is a good indication that the wiring is giving you problems...that means it is getting to hot....

where or how is it grounded..does the ground go straight to the to the frame or to a separate battery..

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Hey Ades,

It is, more than likely, a defective manufactured part, as are so many things that we buy these days.

Remember, we don't make much in the USA anymore, we (meaning most Americans) just offer a service. I believe it was '92 when that switched over (from a manufacturing base to a service base), which caused a recession.

I have had the same thing happen to me on the "parts" that we buy, thinking that this is what I've always used, and had good longevity with it.

Well, welcome to the global marketplace of major corporations trying to save a buck with their labor force.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom