Fuel tap question

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have a GMC 02 savanna. It has a pto in it. If I install a slide in now can I use the the fuel kit that you splice in to the hose or do I need the EPA approved kits?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
lol, not the fuel line. The inlet hose. What is the difference between the old style and the new epa ones?
Do you have to drop the tank to install the new fuel kits?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I don't want another tank. The old stye fuel taps look simple. I just don't know whats the difference between the epa taps and if I need one.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Not absolutely certain but I think the difference is that the old style holds a flap open at the bottom of the filler neck which suppose to prevent fuel from spilling in a roll over type accident.

HeidiLehmanan

thanx for shareing the valuable info man i was searching this on the google like for ages thanx any way :)

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have never seen a sticker for a fuel tap yet. I guess I will be the first in my area.
So do the epa fuel taps all have a return fuel line?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
All EPA registers taps have a sicker that must be put on the door of the van. I'm thinking after 2000 is when you have to have a EPA registered tap but I'll make a call to be sure. It has to do with emissions and rollover protection. Not all taps have a return because not all machines require one. You can call transfer flow in California, the company that makes the taps and EPA
Registered gas tanks and they can tell you for sure the regs for California. They do not sell to end users but will direct you to an authorized installer/distributor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom