Funky smell coming from my steam

Chads

Supportive Member
I get some funky smell when i start cleaning, after i prespray, it always seems to do it when i first start and the water is getting hot. Any ideas what it could be? :oops:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lots of different things. How old is your solution line? Do you have a fresh water tank and how often are you cleaning and sanitizing it? When was the last time you cleaned your water box and descaled your machine? If you have smell it means you have growth or deterioration of some sort. You need to find it as it isn't good and you should be keeping your water supply chain CLEAN anyway.

Chads

Supportive Member
no water box, hose is a little older, and i havent figured out how I am going to descale this one since i have no water box on it

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
put the descaler in you solution stock and draw it in. let sit for the reguired time and flush. the draw a little downy in and run through all of your lines and let sit over night. that should freshen it up. i believe i got that from Harper. it will also condition your pump seals.

gene

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd guess hoses going bad, likely delamination of inner liner. Any bulges?

Letting wire reinforced hose (like neptune) freeze when full of water will shorten their life considerably in our experience. Funky smell and black death to follow.

Chads

Supportive Member
I guess I should buy some new, hoses, who has the best deals on goodyear blue hose, i think i need 300 ft in 100 ft sections, what hose was Cucu running on his my hose does get pretty hot some times. Maybe I should try some of that stuff or mix the two always worried about getting so hot that i might melt the carpet or burst on me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom