furnished vs. unfurnished

Hobbs

I want to start cleaning furnished residentials. I've been cleaning unfurnished apts,

How much of the furniture do you move, on what. with what, I see all kinds of pricing. It seems to be 25 cents a foot is common when you start out. Is that furnished or unfurnished?

could somebody give me a play by play of how to clean a furnished home, including what should be moved, what tools do I need to buy,

Thanks,
Hobbs

Greenie

You gettin' decent money for your Apts?

I love cleaning empties, if I had done it all over that is what I would ahve stuck to, empty houses, Apts. and commercial.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah i like cleaning empties. You dont get as much money for them, but you are in and out. Sometimes I cant stand the song and dance of talking to the customer. Don't get me wrong, I dont not like talking to the custys but sometimes I appreciate going in and doing my job as fast as I want to, without moving stuff.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I bought Lift Buddy and about 16 sets of Slide Glides, then an on going supply of styrofoam blocks and plastic tabs.

For blocks I recommend the blue ones, they stand up better and don't crumble. The tabs, buy some normal 4" square, a couple 1000, or invest in a case. The new tabs which work REALLY good are the Sticky Tabs buy a few rolls of those.

For sliders I found the best for the buck are Slide Glides, $10 for 4 and they work slick. They look like EZ Moves, some are white and others are a tan colour. A more expensive version are abotu $40/4pk, EZ Moves. http://www.ezmoves.com/
I bought some round ones, SLiders I think was they're name. 3 sets of 4 8" at $80 a pop and a couple 4" sets at $40, and they are on my shelf, don't slide worth a darn. Home Depot here in Victoria Canada sell the SLide Glides and then some cheap Worthless white round ones, $10/8pk.

I move whatever is safe to move. If it has glass in it, No, if its too heavy, No, Computers, No. Like entertainment units, too big, too many wires to worry about, etc. Use common sense and when you get used to the sliders.

Here's a little raw video clip I made for showing how easy it is to move furniture.
th_08-05-26furnituremoving-sliderdemo.jpg

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i do alot of residentail here is my guidlines:

No:
Moving entertainment centers
moving glass anything
computers or stands
and if i cannot move it by myself its also an no
valuable items such as glass novelties and porcelain objects
collections of valuable items

For all others such as tables, chairs, end tables, night stands, coffee tables etc. is a min add on charge of $20 and in larger places its $7 a room min of $35. excessive movement of furniture and stuff is based on hourly wage of $50.

i hate cleaning places where you have to move everything.
i charge apx. 25 cents as you mentioned. alot of the time price is based on level of dirt and stains in the carpet.

Scott

Becker

Name
Becker
WOW, you move stuff a long ways! And took you forever to tab that bed/sofa thing.

3 foot wide sofa, I move it 3 feet.

Dining table with 4 legs, it moved 2"

Lift buddy is a cool tool. Sometimes that is the hard work, blocking something heavy.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
On residential here is my guidelines
Empties I do if it can be done with a truckmount
Furnished I "let" our young guys do.
More than 20 steps up - our young guys

More than 100 steps up to your property and no cable car "Well ma'am we mostly employ geriatrics so I'd suggest getting one of those young CD guys in to do it." :twisted:

roro

John Watson

I am just so glad I gots my Helen, She is the master of the lift buddy,placing sliders and tabbing and blocking after all is back in place.

Hey, I won a Lift buddy at Mikeyfest08 Thanks JB

I have been using Jimbo's saying alot here lately, "We ain't Bekins" As I curl my imaginary handlebar!!!

Cleaned 2 jobs today, first one den and hallway, all MT, Sofa and love seat located in a room we weren't cleaning, sliders used to move coffee table and sofas so I had room to move and lay back sofas for cleaning.

2nd home all MT existing client just bought house and had previous owner call us, she said she has it cleaned every 2 months for $200, My invoice was $404.20 and included a 20% MT discount. She about had a heart attack, I told her no problem call her cleaner,

Can't she signed some sort of paper that stated if she used anyone but me and the carpet didn't clean up she would be responsible for 1/2 the cost of new carpets. If I cleaned it he would be responsible for the replacement if necessary. This client was referred to us about 10 years ago for his rentals. It really made us feel proud he has that much confidence in us to have those stipulations in the closing papers and not even have us look at it first.. It cleaned up great!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
They can't do that here, legally. The landlord can only "highly recommend". But of course if they hire someone else and the carpets aren't up to std, the landlord will call me in and charge the tenant so they would pay twice. Of course the tenant may take it to arbitration. The joys of renting.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Many landlords in in our area are starting to insert a clause like
"to be cleaned annually and on vacation by members of a trade association"

Being one of the few members in our area I love that clause

:) :) :)

roro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom