Garage floor cleaning?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
garage 2.JPG
garage 3.JPG
garage 1.JPG

The salt and dirt from the roads are leaving some serious problems on garage floors. Anyone offering garage floor cleaning? Price by the sq. ft. or by the bay?

We are going to offer this as a special/promo. Will will promote on our Facebook page, but will ask every home owner if they want is to do it while we are there and offer a good rate to do it as an add on. We are already there, and won't use any product, just water.

Here is a video and some photos of us doing our shop today.

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
No products used, just water. Used the turbo/spinner attached to truck mount. I'll have to check with John about the water temp and pressure and get back to you.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I would use chems.
concrete going to tear up teflon much quicker

depending if floor was power troweled, or psi concrete, or many other variables as well as use will determine results.

great pics

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

hogjowl

Idiot™
Look. We don't care what color your tool is, or if it matches the hoses and is color coordinated with the flowers in the flower beds. If you are going to post here, you need to know things like psi and water temperature.

Sheese!!! :pig:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Meg, do you guys do fresh water rinse on carpets or was there maybe some extraction detergent in the solution?

Name
Lee Stockwell
We've cleaned a lot of concrete. Even a minimal amount of detergent will help a lot. Jason, and I believe Justin too, did several shopping center and Kroger frontages.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i do them. easy to do and an easy up sale. prespray and then rinse with water. i never do them if they are painted because it will pop the paint. epoxy seems to take it just fine. 1100 psi. that must just be tire black cause oils not coming out.

gene

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
The salt and dirt from the roads are leaving some serious problems on garage floors. Anyone offering garage floor cleaning? Price by the sq. ft. or by the bay?
Great idea, Meg. Even though I'm a bit hurt. I'm starting to think you are not poring over every QuickTIP I send out... :)

For example, over a year ago I sent out this TIP on adding on garage floor renovation while you are there cleaning their carpets. It has some product and pricing suggestions.

Steve

PS The QuickTIP also links to a video of Big Billy Yeadon cleaning concrete. It isn't nearly as dramatic as your video, Meg.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
And it got that oil out of the concrete with NO chemicals?

Believe it or not it's not oil. That is all the dirt and road salt that stuck to the wheels/underside of the car and then melted and pooled on the floor.

We aren't opposed to using products, but we just hit this with water to see what kind of results we could get with just water. If we want to offer this as a quick add on at a decent price, we can just clean with water to remove the salt and soil (only). If there clients have oil etc that they want us to get more aggressive with, then we can upsell a deeper cleaning.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have a customer that I clean his main upper garage about 4 times per year. Its an epoxied floor, probably 1200 sq ft. His lower garage gets done 1-2 times per year and is all ceramic tile. Oddly enough I've never cleaned any carpet in his house except for one time when he had a pipe burst.

steve_64

i just did one wednesday for $90. used some old degreaser i had laying aroung and ran it through the tank on the 175.

tried using stripping pads but they didnt hold up long so i just used an old pad driver i picked up in the fall with a bunch of other stuff. it may actually be a brush, it has pretty long stiff white bristles but it had a pad stuck to it when i got it.

then i just mopped it all up with a brown out solution. came out pretty good.

its the second one ive done this way.

Back
Top Bottom