Garden hose shut offs....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sick of constantly buying junk HD/Lowes ones, looking for a car wash/fire fighter quality brand, any links, advice?
saw this one looked prerty good....http://www.agriculturesolutions.com...fittings/metal-and-poly-shut-off-valve-detail for the price.
or this n.... http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12353-H...f=lp_553968_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1380926003&sr=1-5

I tried the yellow one..that thing broke faster then the ones you dont like from Lowes......

IMG_0725_zps7cce37bf.jpg

ace hardware....they hold up pretty good........

-JB-

Name
JB
Been using the Ace ones, they work well enough just not very "real world" for CC's, the Butler one is the same one I linked to, looks like the best option thus far.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you guys are WAY overthinking this..

Next time the plastic ones go on sale for fiddy cents ea at Harbor Freight, buy a dozen and keep 'em on the truck
that dozen will be cheaper and last 1.7 years longer than the expensive crap you're buying

Oh and guess what else, you'll never wear the threads out on the brass mating fitting that fills your fresh

this ain't rocket science fellas....KISS

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
go to your hydraulic hose place and get one there...a metal y....put a quick connect on it as well....and when you wind it up, bring it back to the truck....

had mine for like 5 years

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for mine,

it is easier to screw on the quick connect and snap the Y in, then the whole Y or fitting....

for the Y/shut off...shut the water off for no air bubbles (though it doesnt bother mine)....the Y is so you can drian the faucet side before you take it off and get wet....

Name
Bruce
you guys are WAY overthinking this..

Next time the plastic ones go on sale for fiddy cents ea at Harbor Freight, buy a dozen and keep 'em on the truck
that dozen will be cheaper and last 1.7 years longer than the expensive crap you're buying

Oh and guess what else, you'll never wear the threads out on the brass mating fitting that fills your fresh

this ain't rocket science fellas....KISS

..L.T.A.
It's not about price, it's about buying a quality piece that works. I don't want to carry around a dozen pieces of junk just waiting for the next one to go bad , I want to have one good one that works great and is reliable.

Right now i'm using the one's that Jim's using , lasting a lot longer then the yellow one in the fist post.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
they do make ones outta billet stainless...you'll never hafta buy another one ever...
'cept if ya lose it!

hogjowl

Idiot™
26 years at this business and I have never seen a need for one of those things.

I guess we just don't get real COMPLICATED down here in Bama.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
26 years at this business and I have never seen a need for one of those things.

I guess we just don't get real COMPLICATED down here in Bama.

Wow! Go figure. I am in agreement with Marty. Is it the Herring?

Do faucets where you guys are working do not come with an off/on valve?

this ain't rocket science fellas....KISS ..L.T.A.

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
I went into harbor freight today.

I have never in my life seen so much crap, no cheap shit crammed into a store.

I left having bought nothing and I love tools.

Reactions: FB7777

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the work gloves are good...more so for the money you pay....

there is stuff there that works pretty good....like the pick sets they have

F

FB7777

I went into harbor freight today.

I have never in my life seen so much crap, no cheap shit crammed into a store.

I left having bought nothing and I love tools.

Same here, went into a local new Harbor Freight store for the first time ( and last time ) a little while back

Not bad if you're in the habit of losing your tools , leaving them outside or afraid of having guys steal them, but the quality just isn't there

As far as garden shut offs, get the All metal style like Butlers. Had the same ones on my trucks for almost ten years . Indestructible

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
the good stuff at HF when on sale

mechanics gloves ..$5 bukz
Nitrile gloves ..heavy duty 6 bukz/100
WD40....12 bukz a gallon
Carbide tipped circular saw blades for roof and flooring demo work ....cheap
(cause you don't use good Frued blades for cutting wood w/nails in it)
25ft 12 ga triple tap lighted extension cords 19(?) bukz
ground walnut media for vibratory tumblers
misc hardware like cotter pins, lynch pins, electrical connectors, shrink wrap , zip ties, etc

plastic hose SHUT OFF VALVES...fiddy cents
cause they last as long as the 5-7 dollar JUNK ones you're buying in the garden hose section.

if you cueballs what good ones, go to your plumbing contractor supplier and buy good 3/4" ball valve

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mine works awesome.... This was ordered form butler.
e2yjyzyr.jpg

That's what I use to have on my hose....that thing lasted for years.... finally wore and broke the knob off of it and have never found one to replace it......

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I tried the yellow one..that thing broke faster then the ones you dont like from Lowes......

IMG_0725_zps7cce37bf.jpg

ace hardware....they hold up pretty good........

This is what I use.....the angle helps with those real tight-fit spigots. Keeps your hose filled.

Habor fright!! The best thing I have bought from the store was the Driveway Alert System. Usually on sale for $12. Keep 2 in my yard. One near the entrance door to let us know someones in the drive. The second I have on the dark side of the van that I can't see from the house. Lets me know if anyone is wondering around the van. Then there is Nellie, the Bea-bull. She lets us know if anyone is even in the yard.

20121209_103211.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BTW, there are two kinds of plastic ball valves .
the one with the lever like these are junk

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-58248-G...227&sr=8-8&keywords=garden+hose+shutoff+valve

the ones with levers like these hold up best..and last as long or longer than the brass one from Ace or HD
(which are POS valves)

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-07VGT...87&sr=8-40&keywords=garden+hose+shutoff+valve

so quit pi$$ing in the wind with those 6-8 dollar brass junkers and buy a dozen plastic ones when on sale or go to plumbing contractor supplier and get a good ball valve ..like I already tolt you!

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
...to go with my $60 vacuum cleaner, and $10 yard sprayer.... :oldrolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom