Gas accounts for 11% of my gross revenue. Good or bad?

hanks75

2 and half years in business, and needing to get a better understanding of my numbers. What's good, average, or bad. Your input is appreciated.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
2011 is 9.5
2010 was 7.5
now thats propane and gas for the wifes car in there also

we run slide ins
do you have a direct drive just wondering

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm usually at 10% working alone with a 1.8 gal/hr WM direct drive. Probably at 11% this year with the higher gas prices. With a 2 man crew and a concerted upselling system that % could be cut considerably. But I prefer working alone, and avoid asking for extra sales, so the higher fuel bill is the price I pay to operate this way.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Art Kelley said:
I'm usually at 10% working alone with a 1.8 gal/hr WM direct drive. Probably at 11% this year with the higher gas prices. With a 2 man crew and a concerted upselling system that % could be cut considerably. But I prefer working alone, and avoid asking for extra sales, so the higher fuel bill is the price I pay to operate this way.

I'm probably with Art here.........maybe 10%. The Genesis uses lot's of fuel, and the Chevy Express is at 10-11 mpg round the city.

ascrubabove

William, 11% may be the norm for you, my norm is 12.5-14% due to working a 50 mile radius, not all carpet cleaners are located in the middle of a hot spot and have to drive to them. Another year compairson will give you a good average. Find a ballance between scheduling all the work you can and scheduling work together in the same area, or in a return loop, farthest job first, and work your way back home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom