Gas in car carpet

Mike Draper

you need to apply a generous amount of heat in order for it to ignite. At that point it will evaporate very quickly. :p

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It will eventually evaporate but depending on the amount it may take weeks. You can clean it, use a degreaser and scrub it with a brush, and flush flush flush. Then apply some odorcide. If by chance you have any cat litter with baking soda in it, place a container of it near the affected area it will help absorb the smell.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
It takes a long time for the smell to get out. I tried alot of things and nothing worked for me. Hope you have better luck

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Clean with a solvent booster like Citrus Solv and use plenty of hot water to flush. Some spills can get below the carpet and require the carpet to be removed to be sure you get to all the gas out.

Solvent based deodorizers work OK (Deliminate). Hydrocide Xtreme works very well. You can also get good results with Vaportek 3X Industrial cartridge after cleaning and ventilation.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have a body shop remove the carpet for you.

The tear off the fiber padding from the back of the mat. It's what is giving you the trouble by holding on to the gas odor.

Clean both sides thoroughly and deodorize once the odor is removed glue on some new fiber padding. Check the floor of the car also, it may need cleaning too if there is an odor there.

It may seem extreme but it's the best way to be sure you get rid of the odor.

The carpet can range from $600.00-$1500.00 or more, so cleaning is much cheaper that replacement even with the body man's bill.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Have a body shop remove the carpet for you.

The tear off the fiber padding from the back of the mat. It's what is giving you the trouble by holding on to the gas odor.

this is what I requested her to do, but some customers just don't listen

thought about a box of the arm n hammer but might try the Fresh Wave IAQ that I have

Thanks for the help

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom