General Pump Selection Help Larry Cobb?

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I run an electric TM, but I am finding that the Pumptec 1200psi pump (water otter, water horse) is not really made for long hours and daily use. It has become a weak link and want something more reliable.

Ideally I would like to find a pump that will direct connect to my current motor.

Larry Cobb, I think you sold one a nice General 1500psi to Vincent. Could you provide me with some info on that model? As usual Canada sucks for finding distributors you know anything.

I have my Pumptec 356 hooked up to direct feed off my water tank, using a check valve to keep prime. Could I do the same with the General pump (If it is mounted on the floor)?

I kind of like of like the TT9111EBF but can't find out if it has teflon seals.

What do you think of the models with the built in unloaders?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

Most of them mount to a 56-C motor type (4 Bolt mounting).

Is that what you have ?

The model you mentioned does not have Teflon seals.

I am not sure if they make any direct-drive models with Teflon plunger seals.

I am not a fan of the built-in unloaders.

This pump is a 2.2 GPM model:
800nin.jpg

Larry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And that my friends, is a kick ass pump for your portable. I used 2 of them - over a 10 year period and the second one was still running fine when my van got torched. Downside is the amp draw, but the performance is worth the plug search. I had that and quad 2 stages., 2 sets in series to a paralell. To quote the late Jim Darling of Chemspec, "It would suck dust of the moon".:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom