General Questions

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Hey Guys,

I'm very new to the industry and have some questions after watching this video (1:13 mark) (Very cool setup btw!)

Water Softener: What is it? How does it work? and Why is it important?
Acid and Alkaline Rinse: Some additional information on this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Don't waste your time and money with alkaline rinse.

Acid rinse is really good to have when you're cleaning upholstery and wool rugs on site. When you get your truck mount set up and in front of you we can advise on mixing it properly and using your chemical meter to set it up

But I was told if you have a water softener, you shouldn't need to use any rinse agents, just the soft water should be enough

Reactions: alexcarpets

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
Don't waste your time and money with alkaline rinse.

Acid rinse is really good to have when you're cleaning upholstery and wool rugs on site. When you get your truck mount set up and in front of you we can advise on mixing it properly and using your chemical meter to set it up

But I was told if you have a water softener, you shouldn't need to use any rinse agents, just the soft water should be enough
Matt, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help! Greatly appreciate your thoughts, and I'll be sure to circle back regarding mixing when the TM is setup (hopefully within the next two weeks!... eager... but also a little nervous!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt, I can't thank you enough for your willingness to help! Greatly appreciate your thoughts, and I'll be sure to circle back regarding mixing when the TM is setup (hopefully within the next two weeks!... eager... but also a little nervous!
Just reach out to any family and friends to offer some free cleanings to get familiar with your setup. You’ll do great!

Reactions: alexcarpets

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Water Softener: What is it? How does it work? and Why is it important?
soft water cleans better than hard water. same as trying to wash your clothes in hard water. It also keeps the TM lines free of scale buildup. I have a 5 year old TM and you can disconnect any water line and it will look like new. Never descaled a TM in my life.

so cleans better, easier on your machine. no brainer.

alexcarpets

Name
Alex
soft water cleans better than hard water. same as trying to wash your clothes in hard water. It also keeps the TM lines free of scale buildup. I have a 5 year old TM and you can disconnect any water line and it will look like new. Never descaled a TM in my life.

so cleans better, easier on your machine. no brainer.
So how do you go about getting soft water? Is it a machine? And additive? A filter?
How complicated is it to setup? Are there any drawbacks?
What kind of cost would be associated with it?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
So how do you go about getting soft water? Is it a machine? And additive? A filter?
How complicated is it to setup? Are there any drawbacks?
What kind of cost would be associated with it?

this is the one I use. Just mount it in the van near the waste tank. run the water through the softener before it goes to the machine, either from the homeowners water source or an onboard water tank.

I just put in salt every month, but yours will be different depending on how hard your water is and how much water you use.

No drawbacks that I can think of.

Cost is for salt. Cheap

Reactions: Cleanworks

sassyotto

Name
Paul
IMG_3867(1).jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

they live

Name
Steve
I get all my water from home. It's city water run through an in home softener. Your rinse water is important. Some rinse agents can mold so I use odorcide and nothing else. I use it in most of my respray too. You will figure out how much to use when you use it. It doesn't take much. I mix it strong on some jobs and just refill with water on some. Every job is different.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I get all my water from home. It's city water run through an in home softener. Your rinse water is important. Some rinse agents can mold so I use odorcide and nothing else. I use it in most of my respray too. You will figure out how much to use when you use it. It doesn't take much. I mix it strong on some jobs and just refill with water on some. Every job is different.
Is there any acid rinses out there that don't mold? Ive only used a few different ones

they live

Name
Steve
Is there any acid rinses out there that don't mold? Ive only used a few different ones
I don't know. I just know you've had issues with it too. I don't have any issues at all since I started just using odoercide. It's expensive but It's worth it. My waste tank never smells neither. I think I leave the carpets cleaner this way. Less chance of something going wrong as it dries.

Mikey P

Administrator
I don't know. I just know you've had issues with it too. I don't have any issues at all since I started just using odoercide. It's expensive but It's worth it. My waste tank never smells neither. I think I leave the carpets cleaner this way. Less chance of something going wrong as it dries.

Hows the Mrs doing?

Back
Top Bottom